Which probiotics for chicks??

You can refrigerate what you don't use and periodically put some in their water, perhaps weekly.
Is your water city/county water with chloramines or from a chlorinated well?
That can kill the bacteria in the probiotics.

I highly recommend Gro2Max powder. It consists of beneficial bacteria and yeasts formulated specifically for chickens but can be used for waterfowl and other birds.
I put it in all chicks first water and then a little for a couple weeks according to dosing instructions. However, if I use it, I use an aquarium de-chlorinator in the water first before adding the powder. If the bacteria is dead when the chicks drink it, it is nothing more than a placebo in your mind.
https://gro2max.com/

You can refrigerate what you don't use and periodically put some in their water, perhaps weekly.
Is your water city/county water with chloramines or from a chlorinated well?
That can kill the bacteria in the probiotics.

I highly recommend Gro2Max powder. It consists of beneficial bacteria and yeasts formulated specifically for chickens but can be used for waterfowl and other birds.
I put it in all chicks first water and then a little for a couple weeks according to dosing instructions. However, if I use it, I use an aquarium de-chlorinator in the water first before adding the powder. If the bacteria is dead when the chicks drink it, it is nothing more than a placebo in your mind.
https://gro2max.com/
We use well water straight from the ground.

so i put the bag in the fridge after i open it?
That's what I do. The instructions on the Gro2Max package say to keep in a dry area out of direct sunlight and humidity between 33F and 103F. Sometimes it can get hotter and colder than that here. I deem the refrigerator safe, and that way I know where it is.
Room temperature will work if it isn't very humid and not brightly lit.

Natural probiotics in fermented chick feed is how I start off my chicks. This past April, I brought six baby chicks home from the feed store and the first thing they got was a tiny cup of fermented feed. They went for it with gusto, and they are still eating fermented feed now that they are laying. It maximizes the nutrients in the feed and supports healthy chickens for a long life. My oldest hen is eleven. My seven-year olds still lay regularly.

Sorry, but I want to ask... how long did it usually take for a chick to start “liking” the fermented feed? I tried a few times and they never ever bothered. Is there a trick to start enticing them? Should I just leave the fermented feed as the only food source in the brooder? Can they have fermented feed while I’m giving them Corid?
Thank you!

As long as you've fermented the feed correctly, most chickens take to it right away, including chicks. It's just a matter of them "discovering" it. You can offer it alongside the dry feed or withdraw the dry feed and force them to "discover" the FF more quickly.

I feed dry crumbles scattered on the floor of the brooder the first couple days while I have my new chicks in the house under observation for issues before I exile them to the run with their heating pad. When I give them the FF, they are still hunting for the dry crumbles, but it doesn't take long for them to start tucking into the new food.

Back
Top Bottom