Which Silkie Rooster to keep?

racuda

Songster
11 Years
Oct 1, 2008
North Carolina
I currently have two Silkie roosters and want to keep one of them. I'm thinking the one on the left is the keeper. Do you agree?

I'm bring in a new line and will keep a roo or two from it as well.

Silkie-roos.jpg

I really like them both! Assuming their feet are the same quality since I can not see them, I think I would keep the one one the left also. He seems to be not so tall and his wings look a tad tighter (may just be the other one is more bothered by the heat though). Nice dilemma to have! They are both really nice!
thumbsup.gif

I agree they both look good, but id keep the one on the left he looks more typey!!!

before making a decision I would like to see a picture of the one on the right standing with it's side fully to the camera. I can't tell for sure in this picture, but it looks like it has a better cushion. Cute boys.

I like #1 better from what I can see, but that said, I think I'd keep both. The "what ifs" always get to me. What if the one is sterile or not a good breeder? What if one dies? All things considered, if they are both equal in the areas we can't see, ie toes, skin, and you can only keep one; I'd go with the first one. Just my new to Silkie opinion!!
smile.png

Quote:
I would keep both, but I have lots of chicks that I have high hopes for, and I am hatching even MORE chicks from a good breeder, so hopefully I will have another nice male to add to the stable.

Back
Top Bottom