Whipworm Treatment for Entire Flock of Turkeys and Chickens?

WildestThing

Chirping
Sep 13, 2016
Does anyone know if Panacur can be put into wet chicken feed?
Our turkeys and chickens are not tame or used to being handled.
Yesterday, I took our male Bronze turkey to the vet. He wasn't eating or acting like his usual rowdy self. Found out he has whipworms. The vet prescribed Panacur (Fenbendazole) to give him and our 7 other turkeys for 3 days, then repeat in 3 weeks. Problem is, we also have 30 chickens and I'm sure they have whipworms too as they're all in the same pen.

Panacur is administered by weight.
We give them fermented organic feed, which has a lot of liquid in it, so my thought is that the Panacur could be administered to the entire flock that way, since they eat according to their body weight.

Does anyone know if this is possible? Thank you for any help!

Does anyone know if Panacur can be put into wet chicken feed?
Our turkeys and chickens are not tame or used to being handled.

Yesterday, I took our male Bronze turkey to the vet. He wasn't eating or acting like his usual rowdy self. Found out he has whipworms. The vet prescribed Panacur (Fenbendazole) to give him and our 7 other turkeys for 3 days, then repeat in 3 weeks. Problem is, we also have 30 chickens and I'm sure they have whipworms too as they're all in the same pen.

Panacur is administered by weight.
We give them fermented organic feed, which has a lot of liquid in it, so my thought is that the Panacur could be administered to the entire flock that way, since they eat according to their body weight.

Does anyone know if this is possible? Thank you for any help!
Many people add Panacur or Safeguard (they are the same, both are fenbendazole) to wet feed.

Back
Top Bottom