white goose in my neighborhood all alone...

I'm still not sure on the sex.. It really acts like more like my female Sebbie. It hollers when it sees somebody, but quietly honks to other geese and ducks. It doesn't walk around with its chest out and head up like my gander. I tried vent sexing last night, and did not find a penis. I was thinking of x-raying/ultrasounding her to see if we can see any eggs that may be formed... I could DNA sex if somebody is really interested. It has a very nice disposition for a goose. After the vent sexing last night, I felt bad and filled up the tub for a private bath. She had a really good time splashing around. Afterwards, I was sitting on floor and she stood right next to me and preened. She then took romaine and kale from me like we have been friends forever...
love.gif
I cannot keep this goose!!!

Sounds like someoen is falling in love [both ways].
love.gif

It might be an older girl afterall because it's really not hard to see a penis on a goose, especially if you've had her for a while. They penises seem to pop out pretty easily on Chinese geese, I've recently noticed. If it has a sweet disposition, it doesn't matter anyway. Some ganders are gentle, too, and walk around cooing all day and only yell when they get excited or scared.

Thanks! I was wondering how hard it was to find. I have only vent sexed the ducklings last year, and got them about 80% correct. Some of them were pretty hard to find! I was thinking of trying it on my adult Sebastopol gander to see how difficult it is to expose. I have seen his penis after mating with my goose, so I know he's a boy!!

Sounds like someoen is falling in love [both ways].
love.gif

Do not encourage me!
tongue2.gif
I already know I do not make a good "foster" mom, I like to call myself a "keeper".... my DH calls me a "hoarder".

Don't tempt me, I might just take a road trip to North Carolina with a goose in the back seat and show up at your doorstep!

omg you have to keep it it seems very happy and you know you want to give her a forever home and im sure you wont regret it

As much as I miss seeing "the white goose" at the retention pond, I know she is safe & sounds like very happy
hugs.gif

If I could have kept that darn goose, I would have!!! Living as outlaws by keeping chickens, it is just impossible.

Becky, if you can possibly keep "it", please do it. She sounds content with you.

I mean really, what is one more goose??
fl.gif

wink.png

Hey Jim from Cinicinnati, maybe you'd be interested in a very tame white goose? your right next door to Pa.
smile.png
and galgo, most probably think I am a hoarder too including my dh but I know my limits and I haven't reached it yet. If you want to make a trip south just let me know.
wink.png
but we have to be sure she is a she first. NO more males here. I have my hands full.

It looks to be a white Chinese goose, a tame breed. They are known to be able to fly some distances.....has got them self lost?

"Goosey" is still here and doing well, already knows the daily routine. It really needs a home where it would have its own mate!! It's getting along fine with my two sebastopols, but it usually looks like a third wheel...
hmm.png
Anybody interested???
fl.gif

I'm going to DNA sex it so I can stop call it "it". So, Miss Lydia.... I will keep you posted!
wink.png

In those photos, it does look like it carries itself more like a female. Glad you can get to know for sure. She seems to be very happy! I bet she was very hungry when you got her home.

"Goosey" is still here and doing well, already knows the daily routine. It really needs a home where it would have its own mate!! It's getting along fine with my two sebastopols, but it usually looks like a third wheel...
hmm.png
Anybody interested???
fl.gif

I'm going to DNA sex it so I can stop call it "it". So, Miss Lydia.... I will keep you posted!
wink.png

She is does look very settled in. I am worried my gander wouldn't accept her since he has a Muscovy as his mate/mama right now. Lets just see if she does turn out to really be female then talk. Look at the green, we don't have any green.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom