White leghorn pullet or Roo?

FarrFreshEggs

In the Brooder
Nov 21, 2023
Help! Do I have a pullet or a roo? I’m driving myself crazy looking at google images.
She/he is 14 weeks now.

Attachments

• IMG_0789.jpeg
    IMG_0789.jpeg
    497.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0787.jpeg
    IMG_0787.jpeg
    966 KB · Views: 28
Thank you! I kept going back and forth with the longer feathers at the bottom of his neck and today I took pictures of some of my girls and looking back through them I saw the saddle feathers.

Next question:
If sugar is in fact a boy then I will have 16 hens. Is that too many for one rooster? I didn’t particularly want a rooster but I rolled the dice with him and one other but she’s definitely a hen. (Or at least I think…) aw geez here’s Dot. I hope she’s a she 🫣

Attachments

• IMG_0786.jpeg
    IMG_0786.jpeg
    980.2 KB · Views: 24
oh crap lol. Well, with two cockerels and 15 hens, is that an ok balance in theory? I have 10 girls who are 6 months old and all laying and then 5 others that are also about 14-15 weeks, not yet laying.

oh crap lol. Well, with two cockerels and 15 hens, is that an ok balance in theory? I have 10 girls who are 6 months old and all laying and then 5 others that are also about 14-15 weeks, not yet laying.
Depends on the temperament of the males in question.. but in theory it can work, with enough space. I think the recommendation is 8-10 females per male, so they don’t fight, but can maintain fertility. Some people have less, some have more. You may have a “wait and see” situation.

Back
Top Bottom