Who else is waiting the impossible wait?

Yippee!!! Chickenprincess got an egg!!!! What color is it? Do you know who layed it? Congrats, you finally graduated this thread you started so long ago!!!!!
wee.gif

Hah!!! My girls are 18 weeks old, and I forget that they are supposed to lay eggs!! They are so darn cute and funny. What a bonus that they will be laying soon. Thanks for the reminder!!!

Yay, Chickenprincess! I was so excited to read that you had finally found that first egg! Isn't it great?
big_smile.png
Have you eaten it yet? I guarantee it will be the best egg you ever ate!

Congrats as well to all those others with first layers today. Great pics.

Ewww.....Fart egg??? What the heck is that? Never heard that term before.

I trust that someone will correct me if I get this wrong, but a "fart egg" is just a little, tiny egg. Sometimes there is actually a yolk in it and sometimes not. Pullets will lay all kinds of strange variations on eggs when they are getting started. I've also heard them called "fairy eggs", which I think it waaaay nicer.
smile.png

Heard the egg song being sung this morning!!!! Ran outside to see who it was and................................................................................................................................
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

It was the neighbors chickens
he.gif

Still waiting!

My hens were born 4/26 except for three born a week earlier. I have a RIR, BO, Cuckoo Marans, 2 EE, Salmon Favorelle, Speckled Sussex, Barred Rock, and Silver Laced Wyandotte. Several now have very pink combs and crouch when I pet them. I have started checking every day for eggs! Can't wait! They are now twenty and twenty one weeks old.

Renee
Chandler, AZ:rolleyes:

Well here it is!!! The perfect little brown egg!!
62905_dscf3716.jpg

Here is the hen who laid it. It was taken a month or two ago, So she is way more red and she is bigger.
62905_img_1710.jpg

Back
Top Bottom