Who else is waiting the impossible wait?

So they are singing and squating but no eggs!!! I thought it was frusterating last week, well now my head is about to explode!!!!!!!

Congratulations on that first egg, featherz!

I, too, am conflicted with desperately wanting my first egg, and simultaneously thinking it may not be good for my chickens to lay when they are this young (17 weeks tomorrow). One of the Welsummers and one of the Leghorns is getting quite red, but I've seen no squatting behaviors. I have heard the egg song, but it could have been an alarm call. I know they have investigated the nest box, so that's a good sign.

Back to waiting....
pop.gif

Robin

I have 3 "batches" of chickens

4/17 Tractor Supply Rhode Island Red and New Hampshires (well...out of 10 chicks, only 2 hens!!!!!)

5/3 Local Agway 8 Barred Rocks

5/30 Local Agway 2 Black Austrolops (?) and 2 Americanas (?) (not 100% sure)

Still waiting for a single egg!

It seem like I have been waiting
idunno.gif
forever,
wee.gif
and finally yesterday we got our first ever
jumpy.gif
egg. It is so great we took a picture of the kids holding it and we cooked it in the micro and split it 5 ways. Ha!! We were so excited:ya Now we are waiting for the rest of them to start laying.
D.gif

My black australorps turned 17 weeks, yesterday. 4 of 6 have bright red faces, waddles and combs. One is almost there and the biggest has barely begun to turn. :flThe girls are still "sweeping" the nesting boxes out onto the floor, and seem to have no interest in laying an egg, whatsoever. They do seem to enjoy hanging out in the boxes, so I figure, they will be ready when they're ready. Meanwhile, I, too, wait the impossible wait.
fl.gif

Bright Blessings!

Back
Top Bottom