Who else is waiting the impossible wait?

My BR's are coming up to 21 weeks this Monday. They have really developed some nice combs and wattles and one is a darker red now, so I anticipate eggs will popping out sometime soon. Not sure on the squatting as they won't stick around long enough for me to test, BUT the rooster is getting pretty frustrated as the gals still want nothing to do with him.
barnie.gif

gig.gif

ETA: They will be 22 weeks on Monday.

Last edited:
Mine will be 17 weeks on Monday. I have some Mediteranean breeds that should be my earliest layers I think. It sure is fun looking once, twice, a million times a day. It would be more fun to find one though.
hmm.png

Well, after my previous post above I took my camera outside for a picture session. Let me just say that Dave the Rooster is not near as frustrated as I insinuated......
ep.gif

I have only 2 eggs; one last Thursday and one today... at this rate I'll have a dozen by Christmas!!!! They are just 20 weeks old

Quote:
I have to agree..will be a blast when I finally get my first egg.

Anyone know if the Australorp is an early layer? What about the Spangled Russian Orloff, and Faverolles'? The Russian is a tall bird anyway, but she is acting like she could be ready soon..late spring...around May

My chickens are almost 22 weeks and I'm still waiting. It is getting fustrating. They seem to be showing all the signs, except the eggs. I have let them free range at times. Most mornings I have kept them closed in the coop. Is it possible that they are laying in bushes or something in the afternoon? There are days they are in the coop all day and no eggs. Will they hold from laying until they are let out? They have nests and everything they need in the coop.

Let them out at 11:00 today. I tossed some scratch out for all of them and noticed a couple missing took a walk and found a couple of the girls were singing the egg song at 11:10 around in the front yard but didn't find any eggs. Maybe they were rehearsing?

well yesterday i found our first little egg which was located under the roost today i went out and found another one but this time it was in the nest boxes who hooo 2 eggs in 2 days will go out later to see if another one lays today since i found this one early this morning here is a picture of the first egg and second egg

first egg from yesterday

60848_100_5638.jpg

second egg from today

60848_100_5658.jpg

finally got 1st egg last wednesday , then another yesterday.

so at least one of the chooks is laying
big_smile.png

now getting two eggs a day on most days,, :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom