Who else is waiting the impossible wait?

Quote:
Nope, it's not just yours. My barred rock, Rhode Island red, and welsummer are all 24 weeks and haven't even started to develop their combs and wattles yet. My BR is starting to make what sounds like the egg song a lot, but she doesn't have ANY of the other characteristics of being ready to lay. None of my birds do (except the 1 that's laying). My EE is 28 weeks and no signs of nuttin'. One day she went into the nesting box and shuffled things around and made egg song at the top of her lungs all day, so I got really excited; but that was about 6 days ago and not a peep out of her since and no squatting or any signs whatsoever. My leghorn is also 24 weeks but she's been laying for 2-1/2 weeks and has become a reliable layer, giving us an egg every morning around 10 a.m.

Woo-hoo! Our very first egg. But who laid it is the question. We have one EE but she is the smallest of the bunch. Our chickens are mutts no purebreds could one of the other chickens lay green eggs but not look like an EE? We have one that looks like a BR and 2 brown hens. The only one we have seen act like she is ready is the BR, but I don't think she would lay a green egg. HMMM. What a mystery. I am pretty sure they were all hatched sometime in April and this is our very first egg. So they are at least 24 weeks old.

firstegggreen.jpg

Inga

You all make me feel so normal! My three Easter egg gals are 18 1/2 weeks and I am on egg shells...can hardly wait.

Quote:
I'M still waiting,my 3 gals are 22 weeks old. 1 EE,1 BO,1BR.I thought today would be the day.7am. I heard what I thought was the EGG SONG.For about 15 min.just a lot of bowking going on.But alas all I found was that dumb golf ball in the nest box.WHEN ?

No eggs yet, but tonight when I went to lock up the coop I saw one or two gals up checking out a couple of nesting boxes. They looked like they were house hunting. I haven't seen them in the nest boxes since they were itty bitties.

I'm at about 18 weeks for my Americana's and about 20 weeks for my gold and silver lace Wyen......... the wait is driving me nuts
he.gif
:barnie:pop
old.gif
<------- me by the time I get my first eggs
th.gif

Good morning everyone - here is my FIRST egg!!
ya.gif
Found it last night when I got home from work....would have taken some "in the nest" pics, but it was poouring rain! Isn't it gorgeous!??!
love.gif
Pretty sure it was laid by my top girl Gerry
love.gif
....she's been cackling and singing and squatting for almost a week!
celebrate.gif
Yeah eggs!!
wee.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif
celebrate.gif

68349_my_first_egg.jpg

I'm waiting for two dozen eggs to come in the mail. Then I'm going to wait some more. The bator has been on for two days now. Come on USPS.

Back
Top Bottom