Who else loves their Orps? Orp lovers and Orps ONLY Thread. If you are going to hate on Orps, you aren't allowed.

FB067745-CCD8-4C93-B6BB-B96BDE298D28.jpeg

Indigo this summer:love

why do they grow up:hit

Does anyone have information on “feather shredder” or “tail shredder”?

I heard it tossed around as a thing that can pop up with Lavender colorings in Breeds like orpingtons. How can you tell if you chicken has it? I’m not interested in breeding or genes, I’m just curious about it.

What’s a WTB? Sorry chicken abbreviations in the morning are hard for me :gig

Whiting True Blue I would imagine?

.... and don't rule out the classic black.

Now, now. We can't mention solid black beauties like Dahlia...

IMG_0174.jpg

...without mentioning Whites. I know people are like, "Eww, gross a white chicken. How boring...", but they are the sweetest, softest birds I own. They are stunning on the green grass in the spring when it looks like they are clouds floating because you can't see their little feet. People that have gotten them from me call them marshmallows, clouds, puff balls, etc. Did I mention they are soft? lol I think the white gene alters their feather consistency/structure or something.

2BDD239D-17A3-4E6F-87A0-D6DB9D0B883F.jpeg
2C3BB6F1-6449-41A5-8826-599F3BEB0C5D.jpeg
30366023-26D3-49AC-8BB8-BA6B45276AC3.jpeg

Whiting True Blue I would imagine?

Now, now. We can't mention solid black beauties like Dahlia...

View attachment 2441015

...without mentioning Whites. I know people are like, "Eww, gross a white chicken. How boring...", but they are the sweetest, softest birds I own. They are stunning on the green grass in the spring when it looks like they are clouds floating because you can't see their little feet. People that have gotten them from me call them marshmallows, clouds, puff balls, etc. Did I mention they are soft? lol I think the white gene alters their feather consistency/structure or something.

View attachment 2441022View attachment 2441023View attachment 2441024
White English Orps are seriously under appreciated. 😍

We are new to chickens, chose BO on purpose because of their favorable characteristics. We got our first batch of eggs last spring. They hatched in July, and we are totally in love with them. Ended up with 2 roos and 4 hens, had to rehome one roo and it broke my heart! But our small flock is much happier with just one rooster. They are 21 weeks and we are eagerly waiting for eggs, but wonder if it's the wrong time of year - getting cold at night (we are in NC) and short days. But even if it's spring until we get an egg, we have still fallen in love with backyard chickens! So happy there is now a thread just for Orps!

Back
Top Bottom