Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Ducks aren't laying–commercial feed

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Chickens aren't laying–homemade/locally sourced ration

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ducks aren't laying–homemade/locally sourced ration

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You say they are on layer feed, but don't mention what kind.

My birds are laying. But not all. It is still winter. Unfortunately they do not have an alarm clock that goes "Oh hey! It's almost February, time to start laying again!"
Hold I'll get a picture. It's not from the usual places like TSC or Atwood's, I've tried those feeds with no luck.

The brand is lonestar.
The chickens free feed, but they aren't overweight. The ducks eat two scoops a day between a lot of them and they look well conditioned.
IMG_20230131_172757423.jpg

I think the TSC feed was the feed that Doug was warning about.
What's the temp like in your area?
Erratic but otherwise unusually warm. High of 55F today, 60’s last week, and highs in the 40’s for the rest of the week. Lows in the 30-20’s. It’s been pretty sunny, so I don’t think cloud cover (AKA reduced light) is to blame here.

It is the TSC feed that the uproar is about, but my chickens mostly free range, so I find it hard to believe that it would be the feed alone effecting egg-laying. Besides, there is no way to easily prove it is the feed (in my opinion).

Erratic but otherwise unusually warm. High of 55F today, 60’s last week, and highs in the 40’s for the rest of the week. Lows in the 30-20’s. It’s been pretty sunny, so I don’t think cloud cover (AKA reduced light) is to blame here.

It is the TSC feed that the uproar is about, but my chickens mostly free range, so I find it hard to believe that it would be the feed alone effecting egg-laying. Besides, there is no way to easily prove it is the feed (in my opinion).
Yeah, sounds like yours is just being stingy or slow😂
If enough people are feeding the same thing and not getting eggs then I think it would be easy. But I honestly don't think it would be just one single brand, since they all source from farms all over the place.

Back
Top Bottom