Who is setting eggs today - 4/14?

I HAVE A CHICK!!!
wee.gif
Another has pipped, too!

I HAVE A CHICK!!!
wee.gif
Another has pipped, too!
hooray !!!I have a bunch now. it's been it's been 29 hours since my first one hatched. Not sure if I should move some to the brooder to make room . I have two more pipped... but really slow going. I don't want to jeopardize the rest of the eggs.

Well my last egg just hatched 16 hours after the first one. It has been
a long day.
Out of the dozen eggs I started with and loosing one on day 10 all the remaining 11
hatched.
Will post some pictures shortly.
Good luck to all who are still hatching

Woke up this morning and found this little baby hanging out in the incubator. I also have zipping on one of my EE eggs and the one lone bantam egg is zipping too!

Well, I took my one little chick out. He's doing well! That seems to be all - nothing more from the one that was pipped yesterday. Since I set them late on a Saturday night, I suppose there is still a small bit of hope. It looks like the turner was probably not plugged in since everything else went well with the incubation. It's likely that my expensive marans eggs aren't going to hatch, either. It's completely amazing that the one little guy made it - he looks really strong!

Fortunately, I had ordered 5 little marans chicks that I picked up last night that will keep my lone ranger company. This was a hard lesson..........and an expensive one as well.
hit.gif

One good thing is that my husband was going to flip when we saw the chicks we had coming this week. Having 20 or so less will help in that aspect. Poor chicks.

Sorry about the egg turner, I have one that is trying to zip out... it's been 12 hour or more. still trying though. i upped the humidity by dropping some water in a vent hole. All the other chicks are still in there..about 13. Just trying not to open incubator. I am holding out for the egg I was candling on video. Nothing from that one and it looked good on day 18. I am getting tempted to help the zip chick out of the shell, but have read all kinds of pros and cons about doing it.

Well all but one of my chicks is doing great. Out of the 11 eggs that made it to lockdown - all of them hatched
The one seems to be taking a little longer getting its legs under it.
Also had two born with an extra toe coming out of the side of the back toe but it is not affecting them at all. They are feeding and drinking and running around like they should.

I have one chick hatched, two more zipping, and one that has pipped. The blue egg has been zipping since 6am and it hasn't made any progress since then. Its membrane is starting to look a little dry around the opening. The humidity is at 68% so humidity shouldn't be an issue. I'm thinking because its been open so long that the membrane is drying out. How long should I wait before assisting this chick? I'm hoping it makes it out all on its own. I have gotten a chick out of its shell before though. It pipped and about 18 hours later it was still in the same position and I could see it really struggling to get out but making no progress. This chick has been struggling to make progress as well but it appears that it can't turn within its shell. I'm going to keep watching for now and hope it gets out okay on its own.

Back
Top Bottom