Who laid this egg? Brown eggs

Apr 16, 2023
How can you tell who laid the eggs? I have 5 cinnamon queens, 2 Black stars, 1 gray brahm, and 1 Americana bantam mix. I know the ones with developed crowns and wattles might be but it’s hard to tell cause they are all the same age…. I got one egg yesterday and two eggs today. In the same nesting box as yesterday. I’m just trying to figure out who laid it?

It would either be one (or more) of your cinnamon queens or one (or more) of your black stars, or a bit of both
They all lay brown eggs I believe only one of my cinnamon queens only weighs a pound maybe 2 pounds for some reason. She’s the same age as the rest of them that weigh 5-6 lbs so I don’t think it could be her. So the Brahms or americanas don’t lay brown eggs or they take longer then 18 weeks old to lay?

The EEs don't lay brown eggs, you're correct. The brahma do, but they're typically slower to mature, so unless you've got a fast maturing one, I don't think it's her. I've never seen a gray brahma before, do you have any photos of her?

The EEs don't lay brown eggs, you're correct. The brahma do, but they're typically slower to mature, so unless you've got a fast maturing one, I don't think it's her. I've never seen a gray brahma before, do you have any photos of her?
I don’t have an Easter Egger she is an Americana mix and she’s little like bantam. My Brahma is definitely the biggest in the bunch. Let me see if I can find a picture of her.

Attachments

• IMG_2270.jpeg
    IMG_2270.jpeg
    576.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2268.jpeg
    IMG_2268.jpeg
    478.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2272.jpeg
    IMG_2272.jpeg
    531 KB · Views: 32
I don’t have an Easter Egger she is an Americana mix and she’s little like bantam. My Brahma is definitely the biggest in the bunch. Let me see if I can find a picture of her.

Well, that is not a gray brahma. That's a blue cochin. As for your bantam, Americana is a fancy name for EE. And Americana mix just means EE mix. So a mix of mixes

This is my Americana mix in the old coop area we had. We built a new one.

Attachments

• 70683430573__A375D49B-C869-4E6D-8BBF-A30E3C4D5C84.jpeg
    70683430573__A375D49B-C869-4E6D-8BBF-A30E3C4D5C84.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2258.jpeg
    IMG_2258.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2259.jpeg
    IMG_2259.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
Well, that is not a gray brahma. That's a blue cochin. As for your bantam, Americana is a fancy name for EE. And Americana mix just means EE mix. So a mix of mixes
A blue Cochin???? She has hair on her feet and legs like a Brahma. How is the behavior of a blue Cochin? Lol I’m so confused. Oh ok for the Americana I guess I will be getting green egg’s then huh 🤔.

Back
Top Bottom