Who's Going In the Pot??

Regardless of looks, I would keep #5 or #6 because if I were judging cockerels who could throw chicks who would grow up to be good roasters or fryers, I would choose them. #5 would be my #1 bird and #6 would be my #2 choice for meat bird.

Fred's Hens :

You got those birds from Ideal? Seriously? Was this some kind of grab bag sale? How did Ideal know they were selling mutts? My mind is whirling. Curious over how Ideal described this mixed box. Wow. So curious.
I also would keep the little Red bird and see how it matures, if I kept any.

Yeah, it was the assorted "super cheap summer whatever we can't get rid of" special. Most of the hens are white leghorns and sex links. I wanted cheap roos to eat and some layers, which is exactly what I got so I was very pleased.

I am keeping a couple roos, actually - #4 and #5 - #4 (Dubbed "Roozilla") I think is a sorry looking partridge rock but he's monstrous and will hopefully throw monstrous and tasty chicks, same with #4. Their tails are finally coming in, too. Thanks everyone!!​

sad.png
Poor No.2. I hope they didn't see this thread.

4 looks like a poor black copper marans or a mix...if its a meat type chicken your looking for then 5 if its just for show the the red sexlink

Back
Top Bottom