Who's hatching 6/10 also broodys due 5/27 hatching, 6/3, 6/5,

Update on my broody hen, I have seen 2 chicks so far.
The hen was up off the eggs a little I could see 2 pips and one looked to be zipping
wee.gif

frow.gif
I'm happy to have all the good company
frow.gif

15+ lemon blue cochins on the 18th to 19th.

the 19th is my birthday
clap.gif

update on hen #3 she has 3 chicks fully hatched and left the nest.
I checked the eggs found 2 pips so I put them in my hatcher.
The 2 piped eggs have hatched now
clap.gif

fl.gif
I still have hope for the others
fl.gif

I'll give them time and see I did candle them and it looks like chicks in all of them.

fl.gif
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

We are on day 16 for the older eggs and the broody..the younger eggs are around day 9+

Last edited:
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I've got 2 chicks!!!

I posted a couple of days ago about Luna getting up and sitting in the wrong nest a couple of times, once for several hours before I corrected the situation- it didn't matter for these 2!!

I have 4 more due in a couple of days, and I'm not sure if she'll keep sitting for them, but it's warm out...it may work.

14596_img_17331.jpg

14596_img_17301.jpg

These are BR poppa and either BR momma or RIR momma...wish they were sex linked so I could control getting attached...can't have roos....

awwww.... they are just too cute!!!
love.gif

I need to run out and check on ours. I'm pretty SURE we shouldn't see any chicks before the weekend, but I truly can't remember when we set them under big mama muppet!
hmm.png

I'm about to start another 3 day wait then again on Monday. So far I have only gotten 5 chicks out of, gosh, don't know how many.

Well, storming, lightening coming so gotta get off here for now.

Good luck to those expecting and congrats to those already gotten

I remember, I started out with 64 eggs in the bator. I have 7 in one bator now on their 3 day wait. I have 6 that I am almost positive are not fertile and 8 Turkey eggs that are leaning towards the same. The eggs in the bator definately have somehting in 4 of them but I can't tell if they are alive. They are of a Banty breed, not sure which. They are test eggs.

My update: I started with 43 eggs. 22 were shipped, the rest I picked up about an hour away. I've been candling (sort of obessessively. So cool!!) and have 27 left in the bator. 2 are dark eggs and wishful thinking
sad.png
...but the rest definitely have things happening! Not all are really at the same stage of development, it seems, but they're all different breeds in there too. I've never hatched this many at a time, usually it's 7 at the most in the classroom! So I'm a little overwhelmed about that many.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Many that I pulled were clear. Some had masses, but the veins disappeared. Others had the dark spot and/or rings, and I was afraid they the potential to explode on me!
sickbyc.gif

7 days to go!!

Back
Top Bottom