Whos hatching on the 11th? 16th and 19th and 23rd????

27498_oliver_020.jpg

My lone baby, this little guy was the fastest hatcher I have ever had(for water fowl)anyway The other 2 eggs I had due to hatch today didn't make it. One internally pipped days ago and never externally pipped , when I took this guy out I candled it and there is no movement. I don't know what happened to the other egg. I candled it and it was just a disgusting liquidy mess, no air cell just mush ! Don't know how I missed that on day 32 candleing. Oh well. This one is cute!

Oh he's JUST adorable... I rescued a duckling at TSC because he'd been hurt and I totally fell in love with ducklings but I really want a pond before I keep one permanently. They're just sooo neat.

I got 13 out of 20 still...When I took the last 2 chicks out I candled the eggs and I only see movement in 1. So I am afraid the other 6 did not make it.

13 out of 20 isn't bad though...
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I'll be taking mine out of the turnning tray tomorrow. They are due to hatch on tues. Wish me luck.

I'm up to 18 hatched out of 24! I candled the rest, 1 looks like a quitter, 4 are full of chick, and 1 I can see where it has pipped the air cell! On a sad note, my broody isn't doing well. I checked her this morning. She had 2 partially hatched dead chicks under her. I'm not sure what happened with her. They were both pipped at wrong end of egg and butt exposed, not beak or face.

hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom