Who's Incubating in Nov. 2011 ?

EM Squared Farms

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 15, 2011
Ft. Pierce, FL
Just wanted to poll the general chickie rearing population to see who else is collecting eggs for the incubator right now?

So far, we have 1 Black-Breasted Red Old English Red Game bantam egg in the incubator. I hope we get more eggs in the future so this chickie won't grow up so lonely being just one.

We have 3 Marans chickies that are growing up.

We will be hatching more Ameraucana eggs on Nov. 21st. She is still laying eggs, but we are isolating the pair for a whole month to ensure paternity.

We are waiting for quite a few more hens to start laying. My memory doesn't serve me so well. I can't remember who was laying last winter ? We didn't start breeding until the following March when each breed finally had it's own breeding pen.

Anyone else out there incubating eggs now from chickens that live outdoors ?
(I'm sure chickens might lay better being indoors where you can extend their daytime hours with artificial lighting. Isn't that what cues them to lay or not ?)

Easter is the big time of the year to sell chickies/chickens ?
We want to be prepared so we don't disappoint our customers !

Maybe I'm just looking for a chickie rearing buddy/comrade.... I can't be the only one trying to raise chickies now.....what better way to spend the winter than watching chickies grow up !

Ill be setting another 40 on monday. winter chicks all over the place.
wee.gif

I have some polish top hat eggs coming next week
frow.gif
I have some silkie chicks piping tonight
yippiechickie.gif
Down here in South Texas winter is pretty mild! Summer was brutal!!! What type are your marans? I have some black copper maran chicks and a surprise splash one or possibley blue
gig.gif
My little black copper marans look sooooo raggedey right now
lau.gif
They are losing their baby fluff and getting their big girl feathers
D.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

blu.jpg

I have 6 duck eggs that I am hatching for a friend. Due to hatch on Nov 25.
I don't want to have to worry about keeping chicks warm during the winter.

I am building an insulated room in the barn for my chicks this winter. Two cabinets cooking and hoping to build a third . Hatch on!:)

Back
Top Bottom