Whose laying the white eggs?

WTGrit

Hatching
Jun 18, 2023
We have 18 hens that are starting to lay, as of this past week. So far we have 3 ladies laying consistently each day. We have silver laced Wyandottes and Prarie Bluebell Eggers. I was under the impression the SLW would lay a cream/ light brown, and the PBE would lay a light blue. So to my surprise all eggs being laid by 3 of our hens are starch white! Which breed would be laying the bright white eggs? Picture of the eggs color below.

Attachments

• IMG_5200_jpg.jpeg
    IMG_5200_jpg.jpeg
    905.4 KB · Views: 60
I would say your Prairie Bluebells are laying those eggs. After all, Prairie Bluebells are a cross of Araucana and White Leghorn. So it's possible the white egg gene was carried into your chicks. I bet you got them from Hoover's Hatchery. Hoover's Hatchery crosses F1 parents, so there is a 25% likelihood of them laying white eggs. That's my take on it. Hope it helps!

We have 18 hens that are starting to lay, as of this past week. So far we have 3 ladies laying consistently each day. We have silver laced Wyandottes and Prarie Bluebell Eggers. I was under the impression the SLW would lay a cream/ light brown, and the PBE would lay a light blue. So to my surprise all eggs being laid by 3 of our hens are starch white! Which breed would be laying the bright white eggs? Picture of the eggs color below.
I detect a very light blue hue. Place the eggs on a white paper towel.

Back
Top Bottom