Why is my call duck not laying?

Stick Chicken

Songster
Aug 1, 2018
I have a black call duck hen that I hatched in May of last year. So far, she has yet to lay an egg and I am worried if she may be ill or have some condition that is causing her not to lay. I do not really care if she lays eggs so long as she is healthy. I would appreciate anyone who could tell me what is wrong with her or if it is nothing to worry about. Thank you ahead of time.

:welcome

How does she act or interact with her flock? Does she have a good appetite and look well? Could be something genetic but as long as she act and looks healthy I'd say nothing to worry about? What about feed what does she eat? Only a vet could tell for sure with maybe X rays of her reproduction tract if that would ease your mind.

Don't worry about it. I have one Hen that's a year old and hasn't begun laying either. Also have a white Call that my friend thought was sterile and she is fine. Has been laying now for two summers. Do you have a pond?

She acts fine and eats well; not too much or too little. Her food is a mix of cracked corn and layer mash. She gets the same food as everyone else, but she has her own pen that I regularly clean. As for the pond, I let her out to a grassy pen with one of my geese which has a large water tub for her to swim in.
Thanks for your responses. It's good to know that she's not the only one with this happening.

Back
Top Bottom