Why is my chick always sick? Crusty beak, pasty butt

"medicated" feed is only medicated in the sense that it has a coccidiostat in it - there is no other medication in the feed and certainly not anything that would address the sort of symptoms you are seeing.

Yes, I know that. I'm just being detailed as to what they're consuming. Mediated feed, ACV, nutradrench, ect. If you have any advice or insight on how to help my poor sick chick I'd really appreciate it. :)

Can you take it to a vet - your right, there's a lot going on here - and you sound like your familiar with the "chicken world" - it sounds like as its getting older its haveing more "complications" - its little eyes look like it doesn't feel good they lack that "spark"

If this is a pet rather then the "typical chicken" - I would try to find an exotic bird vet - they seem to treat them as pets more then "just a chicken" - sometimes they don't want chickens in the office and the front desk automatically says "we don't do chickens" call and tell them you have a baby bird and that you want the vet to call you back - once the vet talks to you and realizes this isn't a bird thats going to cause chaos in the office - they tell you to bring it in - just my experience

Update- I followed every price of advice I could and this little guy is doing well! Thank you so much for your help! :)

Back
Top Bottom