Why is this???Please help! The ones I bought don't all hatch

lost

Songster
11 Years
May 10, 2008
,nc
OK what I got is a homemade cooler bator One incubating.The other is my hatching one since I have eggs at differant time. I know some will say you shouldn't do that.It's been working great.All the eggs I get hatch fine. Beside the one I droped on day 19. IT broke but it hatched and poor thing couldn't walk.It died a couple of days latter.I think it was for the best.The eggs I bought LIke at the sell or off of here.The eggs look great they start developing and alot of them just stop.I got atleast 14 more that just stop growing.But the ones i get all hatch.WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?Thanks

Last edited:
It's hard hatching shipped eggs...lots of times nothing hatches out from the traveling and post office ... Hatchings from your own flock or local always do better....

They seem like their developing good when I candle them, and then they just stop growing

Wow...I'm not sure I understand your question
hmm.png

Are you asking why you are having difficulty hatching shipped eggs? If so, there are a bunch of different reasons.

1. Post Office mishandling of package causing broken aircells, scrambled eggs, etc.

2. Heat

3. Delay in getting them to you therefore less fertile eggs

Lots of things can go wrong inside the shell....a sudden increase or decrease in temp swings...humidity can be off, your oxygen levels can play a part ...they need oxygen to breathe inside the shells so watch vents...you just need to keep a journal of how your hatching is prcgressing and go from there...

Thanks I guesse I want buy no more. Cause All of mine hatch 99.9%.I just have probs with bought eggs THanks Again

Back
Top Bottom