Wicked Chicken Newbie

WookieChicken

Hatching
6 Years
Jun 4, 2013
Oregon Coast
Meaning, I'm really, really inexperienced.

Hi! My family and I recently bought a home on the Oregon Coast, and our very old, well-established garden is infested with insects. The solution: finally get those chickens we've been wanting for a decade.

We have on order a RI Red (we're RI natives, so this was a must, lol), a Barred Rock, and a Black Silkie Bantam. They will quickly become very spoiled members of our family, I'm sure.

Speaking of which, our family consists of myself, my hubs, my daughter, our two extremely elderly indoor cats, and one little terror of a terrier (who will hopefully respond well to the birds.)

Anyway, It's nice to be here, and I look forward to learning all that I can.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
keep an eye on the terrier

Oh yes. You can be sure that we will. I'm very nervous about the dog. However, we plan on keeping her right by our sides as we introduce her to the babies, keeping her around as they grow, encouraging her good behavior. I think she'll be okay. She learns super fast, and isn't too prey driven. Honestly, she's more driven by food than prey, which should help greatly while training her with them. The best part is that she's never in the yard unsupervised, and would 100 million times more rather be lying inside snuggled up on her blankets. I hope our plan works.

Back
Top Bottom