WICKED! (The Musical) (Other musicals welcome!)

Quote:
San Francisco next year!!! I can't wait! Warhorse, Les Mis, and The Book of Mormon are all coming to SF next year, going to be an amazing year!

Just saw "Billy Elliot" the musical yesterday. I've never seen the movie. I liked it... I would probably put it on my top ten or maybe even five. Definitely nowhere in the range of Wicked though!

We saw "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" with Daniel Radcliffe and John Larroquette. AWESOME! The most fun musical I've ever seen and I've seen Cats, Les Mis, etc.

We were sad when the show came to it's end. Radcliffe is fabulous...man, that kid works hard! The sets are awesome, I've never been so impressed by the sets as we were with this show. Highly recommend it!!

Quote:
I haven't seen it, but I really want to since Dan radcliffe is in it. When I first heard him I was super surprised at how good he was!
ep.gif

Quote:
I haven't seen it, but I really want to since Dan radcliffe is in it. When I first heard him I was super surprised at how good he was!
ep.gif

We saw earlier clips from the show and Radcliffe was still pretty "pitchy" but he's got the singing and the dancing...SO much dancing, down. He's come a long way. We were surprised he was as good as he was. The sets are rather simple BUT the way they use them, move them and how the actors blend with them is genius! I've never wanted to go back and see a musical twice, but I'd love to see this one again. Plus we were singing the songs in our heads weeks afterwards. We saw it mid-June.

I SOOO wanted to see "Spring Awakening". Completely off the wall for me...but dangit! I wanted to see it! My fiance HATES musicals..and it's a little, um, extreme. (Go ahead, look up some of the songs.) One of them has "*bleep* of Living" in the title...the first word rhymes with itch.

Anyway. Guess it's too late to ever see it now.
sad.png

Quote:
I had front row tickets with my wife (then girlfriend) to see Spring Awakening. It was the most anticipated musical of the five we saw on our last trip to New York (2007?). We bought the CD before hand, memorized the songs. Of the five musicals it was the biggest disappointment. I still love the music, and my wife sang "My Junk" in an audition for a performance of Caberet. Other people I've talked to loved it.... to me it was just a Romeo and Juliet musical that tried too hard to be edgy.

Quote:
I LOVE Gilbert and Sullivan!!!! I've been in 2 of them so far!!! My favorite is the Mikado, but they're all good! Die hard fan here. I've memorized tons of it.
thumbsup.gif

I'm the very model of the modern major general!

Back
Top Bottom