Wild Bird Thread!

I have cardinals that have been coming to my feeders for a while now. They even brought there baby to my feeder. Here is a video of the male cardinal and his chick in my tree:
My chickens sit under the feeder waiting for the cardinals to drop seeds.

Thanks for the awesome compliments guys! I'm hoping to go out and get some more before the end of this semester. Only the first few photos were taken with my new camera and the quality is so much better. I hardly have any bird pictures with the new cam so I've gotta take it out more often!

Quote:
Wow! Even better quality?
thumbsup.gif
Keep doing what your doing.
lol.png

We feed wild bird here in winter and late fall. We get Blue Birds here which are native along with all the other colored song birds. I have books to help ID any I do not know. First year here we had Goldfinshes show up and some Western Sparrows that were not suppose to be this far East. I would say we get about 50 species here in one winter at the feeders.

i like chickadees, i think that is how they are spelled, i do not know what kind of bird this is but here is what i caught one time
70328_wildbird.jpg
it was on the ground and it looked fine, i went next to it, and it didn't move, i picked it up and got a few pics, it flew out of my hand when i raised my hand up an let him go

Quote:
is that a blue jay in the second picture, because where i live in southern oklahoma, they look alot different

I think it's a steller's jay

Its a Stellars Jay, the range doesn't overlap with a bluejay, and they are called bluejays within their range. I was shocked when I saw my first "real" blue jay, it was huge and so very pale. The Stellars have a black head, ranging down to dark blue and they are slightly smaller than a robin. They are friendlier and more curious than a blue jay, very crowlike in curiousity.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom