Wildlife

May 9, 2020
Clark County, KY
Just thought it would be interesting to post some pictures of some of the wildlife we see around the yard and farm. If anyone else wants to post pictures as well that would be great. Oftentimes we see something but can’t get a picture fast enough. Most of these are from this week but all are from this spring. The first one isn’t an actual animal picture just tracks that in a little creek/branch that attribute to black bear. The next is kind of hard to see but it’s a wild turkey, there were more but they too far away and running the other direction. The toad and snake were from today right by the house. The snake eggs were one of 3 bunches that we found either by our door step or in the barn this spring.
EE37D89E-94B0-48D9-B62F-8F06F55539DE.jpeg
0DF31DC4-80E1-4189-AF52-D98C0151BCE6.jpeg
7A521330-DD1F-47D3-B6C2-F6B7EBC4940D.jpeg
DFD0B127-8FE7-4014-AE36-5FC7FBDF30EA.jpeg
BE9E541C-5D29-49A2-9055-F4066C05B399.jpeg
C9EDB8C1-3A20-4E5F-8CD1-005C1E738F3A.jpeg

Wow! It looks like you're having a blast over there! Wish I saw that kind of stuff. Sometimes I see Wild Tukeys, Garter Snakes, Toads, frogs, deer, elk, and black bear scat, but I really want to see a bear in person or a wildcat, from a distance of course! Do you have wildcats around you?

Wow! It looks like you're having a blast over there! Wish I saw that kind of stuff. Sometimes I see Wild Tukeys, Garter Snakes, Toads, frogs, deer, elk, and black bear scat, but I really want to see a bear in person or a wildcat, from a distance of course! Do you have wildcats around you?
We do have bobcats but I have never seen one in the wild. A friend let some folks trap on their farm. He had never seen any either but they trapped 2. We aren’t supposed to have mountain lions but people swear to have seen them.
We see signs of bears fairly often but rarely see them. My wife heard and saw a cub a couple summers ago. A bear came out of a tree close by me one evening in the garden. It made a lot of noise but the brush was thick and I didn’t actually see it.

I love your toads and I love this post! you'll have to stop me because wildlife observation is my passion and I'm so into stalking... I could post tons of pictures!
amphibians are my favourite, but in this season there aren't any around here (northern italy, in the mountains). these are 2 roe deers, a wild boar, a little bird of pray (maybe a kestrel? I'm not sure), a cute but not-so-pleasant-viewing fox, a female pheasant and a big fallow deer. I took all this pics with a telephoto lens and I'm planning to buy a trail camera to see what's going on around the hen house during the night. I leave in the country and I'm surrounded by wild animals... I love to watch them, but I'm also scared for my hens. I didn't lose any of them so far, but it hasn't even been a year since I took my first chickens and we're in "good company" here.
do you know what kind of snake is the one in your picture? I love snakes too, but I guess there are a million os species I don't know in the USA!
DSC_9952.JPG
DSC_6411.JPG
DSC_5556.JPG
DSC_4190.JPG
DSC_0618.JPG
DSC_0934.JPG

Back
Top Bottom