Will A Nurture Right 360 Work For Quail Eggs?

You’re definitely onto something.

The turners I purchased came in thirds that needed to be assembled. She included three clips per side and recommended we glue them together as well. I found the clips to be sufficient.
I just bought a green one from her, there were only 1-2 available per color (4). maybe she is keeping the inventory low until she’s got more feedback. I got green because I wanted to be able to distinguish it from the one I got off eBay.

Hi guys! It's me, ThatChickPrinter! I stumbled across this thread today (hi @hoondogsrunamuck !), and wanted to answer some questions and clarify some things.

1. What's the deal with inventory?
Etsy isn't set up to handle 3D printing queues well. I have four printers running around the clock, but even then I'm putting the pedal to the metal trying to keep up with everyone's orders. Since Etsy won't let me have a queue system I try to keep 'inventory' low enough that I don't get 20+ orders in one day and can't fill them all by the ship by date. Color wise, everything is printed on demand, so there's no restrictions on quantity or color. If the shop doesn't have enough in stock, ping me and I'll up the inventory for you.

2. Will you make a turner for X species/incubator?
Generally, yes! Right now I'm about to debut a turkey turner for the 360 (which will also handle standard duck eggs), and after that I'm working on a button quail turner. If you have a species you'd like me to look into, just ping me on Etsy or here.

3. Why did you take the files offline?
When I uploaded the files to Thingiverse, I licensed them such that people couldn't sell prints or the files themselves. I wanted people to be able to get their own turners, and then opened the Etsy shop to maybe sell one or two turners for funsies. HAH. Things got out of hand quickly, and I spent most of January printing, revising, and gathering feedback from the community. Then someone not only bought a turner, left a 5 star review, but then also tried selling prints of the file I specifically licensed to be non-commercial. As you might imagine this left a bad taste in my mouth, so I took down the files to the first version which did have some problems in some cases. The new revision is not available anywhere other than my shop.

4. Will you give me a discount?
Yes, if you message me here I'll shoot you a coupon. :)

Last edited:
Hi guys! It's me, ThatChickPrinter! I stumbled across this thread today (hi @hoondogsrunamuck !), and wanted to answer some questions and clarify some things.

Etsy isn't set up to handle 3D printing queues well. I have four printers running around the clock, but even then I'm putting the pedal to the metal trying to keep up with everyone's orders. Since Etsy won't let me have a queue system I try to keep 'inventory' low enough that I don't get 20+ orders in one day and can't fill them all by the ship by date. Color wise, everything is printed on demand, so there's no restrictions on quantity or color. If the shop doesn't have enough in stock, ping me and I'll up the inventory for you.

Generally, yes! Right now I'm about to debut a turkey turner for the 360 (which will also handle standard duck eggs), and after that I'm working on a button quail turner. If you have a species you'd like me to look into, just ping me on Etsy or here.

When I uploaded the files to Thingiverse, I licensed them such that people couldn't sell prints or the files themselves. I wanted people to be able to get their own turners, and then opened the Etsy shop to maybe sell one or two turners for funsies. HAH. Things got out of hand quickly, and I spent most of January printing, revising, and gathering feedback from the community. Then someone not only bought a turner, left a 5 star review, but then also tried selling prints of the file I specifically licensed to be non-commercial. As you might imagine this left a bad taste in my mouth, so I took down the files to the first version which did have some problems in some cases. The new revision is not available anywhere other than my shop.

Glad to see you here and happy to hear you’re busy! Hope one day to order a duck egg turner from you too!

I just ordered your quail turner. I’m looking forward to trying it.

I received the quail egg turner from ThatChickenPrinter today. It's nice. The clips provided hold it securely together and it fits well on the driveshaft.

@thatchickprinter One thing I noticed is that it sits a little higher than the chicken egg turner. Ia that intentional? But it may make removing the turner easier at lock down if the turner is above the center point of the eggs.

1598ADF7-596A-4833-9A31-3A35B40FEBE3.jpeg

8C05B398-F007-4864-9499-9606D2F81E3F.jpeg

I received the quail egg turner from ThatChickenPrinter today. It's nice. The clips provided hold it securely together and it fits well on the driveshaft.

@thatchickprinter One thing I noticed is that it sits a little higher than the chicken egg turner. Ia that intentional? But it may make removing the turner easier at lock down if the turner is above the center point of the eggs.

1598ADF7-596A-4833-9A31-3A35B40FEBE3.jpeg

8C05B398-F007-4864-9499-9606D2F81E3F.jpeg
It does sit a little higher, mostly because I wanted to try to avoid any chance of scooting under the eggs. You can also add shelf liner to the bottom if the eggs are riding too low in the tray, which serves the dual purpose of listing the eggs up a little and being in place to give the chicks some traction when they hatch. Hope it works well for you!

It does sit a little higher, mostly because I wanted to try to avoid any chance of scooting under the eggs. You can also add shelf liner to the bottom if the eggs are riding too low in the tray, which serves the dual purpose of listing the eggs up a little and being in place to give the chicks some traction when they hatch. Hope it works well for you!
Already did. You can see it in the second pic. 🤣
You did a good job with it! As soon as my eggs ship I'll get started!

Already did. You can see it in the second pic. 🤣
You did a good job with it! As soon as my eggs ship I'll get started!
Ooo, you're right! Haha, glad to see you're thinking ahead in that regard. Do send me pics of your itty bitties when they hatch, I'm waiting on my first clutch to ship from MyShire any day now! Just have to find time on the printers to print myself a tray...

Back
Top Bottom