Will my sister Amber be killed

LittleRedFace

Chirping
Aug 27, 2015
CA
Amber is kind of my friend. She is a Rhode Island red Chicken. She laid eggs everyday last year. But she rarely lays egg these day. Will my mama kill her because she’s almost retired? A crow tole me if we don’t lay eggs so often, we will be killed. Is it true.

Help!

I don’t want to die! Life is beautiful.

Attachments

• DSCN7277.JPG
    DSCN7277.JPG
    582.8 KB · Views: 9
Your sister can still be a great friend to your mama even if she doesn't lay eggs after all, killing her would be like saying she was only good for laying eggs! I don't think your mama will kill her. Just don't forget to show her this post.

The crow told me that Amber is about to start laying again and will be safe. Same crow said you are about to molt and may be in trouble. Is there a safe house that you can retreat to ?

We have an EE that is well past laying age, about twice a year my husband warns her, (as a joke), that she may become soup if she doesn't start laying again. Oddly we usually get a few blue eggs within the next week. So lay an egg or two and your mama may get off your back for a while.

Your sister can still be a great friend to your mama even if she doesn't lay eggs after all, killing her would be like saying she was only good for laying eggs! I don't think your mama will kill her. Just don't forget to show her this post.
:weeI will so her this life saving post. Hopefully, she's not very mean person. Thanks.

The crow told me that Amber is about to start laying again and will be safe. Same crow said you are about to molt and may be in trouble. Is there a safe house that you can retreat to ?
The crow is smart, isn't it? I hate molting. it's itchy. If I leave here, I will be homeless:)

We have an EE that is well past laying age, about twice a year my husband warns her, (as a joke), that she may become soup if she doesn't start laying again. Oddly we usually get a few blue eggs within the next week. So lay an egg or two and your mama may get off your back for a while.
Smart! I will tell her that she needs to squeeze hard. If she squeezes really hard, she will make it.

I, too, was worried until an old crow told my old hens to turn the soil.

At first my hens were confused. "Turn the soil?" they asked me.

I looked up at the old crow and gave him a wink. I pointed at the old garden and said to the aged hens, "Scratch away you beautiful things. Scratch and peck until the soil is upside down. Eat the bugs and the creepy things. Eat and eat until you want to sing."

And the crow began to caw. "That's right you beautiful things! Eat the bugs and the creepy things. Turn the soil upside down until your beak can no longer frown."

"But we are ready to molt," cried my old hens.

"Even better," cawed the old crow. "I'll take your worn feathers to make my nest soft, for I am old and need a cozy bed so I can rest."

Under the watchful eye of the crow, I herded my old hens to garden row. I crouched real low and buried my fingers in the soil. The old hens knew what to do. They scratched and pecked and turned the black soil. Cackling happily they ate the bugs and creepy things. Oh how beautiful they did sing!

Knowing I had done a good thing, I stood under a tree to watch my old hens toil in the soil. Just an old crow and little ol' me.

(I hope this makes you feel better.)

Old Hen, what a wonderful story teller you are, kind of reminds me of the Little Red Hen. We do the same with our girls after harvest, and they love it. I get free fertilizer and less bugs eating my veggies. Win, win for all. Have you written any books?

Back
Top Bottom