Will this baby make it?

Little peep made it through another night. It’s fluffed up and peeping, it can stand on its haunches (or knees? Lol). But isn’t fully standing yet. It’s also try to preen, which is adorable

I got some bactine and sprayed it on the umbilicus. They were out of betadine at our Walmart. Plus some new triple antibx, since ours expired in 2019 lol. Also got some nutri-drench, put some of it along it’s beak.

I don’t want to put any water/food in the brooder until it’s more stable. I’m worried it’ll drown at this point.

It’s still pretty sleepy, but it’s also a preemie, so I’m not sure what else I can do lol.
I am definitely mama lol.

oh and if anyone cares, it’s a lavender Orpington/Easter egger mix. It’s big sister from the same parents is fully black with a muff and floppy cushion comb.
View attachment 2066872

View attachment 2066882
Looks amazing! It'll find its feet soon! Great job! Be careful it doesn't aspirate on the nutridrench 😉

Looks amazing! It'll find its feet soon! Great job! Be careful it doesn't aspirate on the nutridrench 😉

Just wanted to say thank you. You helped me so much. I don’t think it would’ve survived without your help.

little peep is walking, eating/drinking, and pooping. It’s still got a dangly bit, but it’s dried up, so hopefully it’ll fall off soon.

LP also has a new friend, some sort of Cochin lol.

LP is in the front.
0B5854D6-F94D-4CCE-AE2E-08E7820FF8C6.jpeg

Just wanted to say thank you. You helped me so much. I don’t think it would’ve survived without your help.

little peep is walking, eating/drinking, and pooping. It’s still got a dangly bit, but it’s dried up, so hopefully it’ll fall off soon.

LP also has a new friend, some sort of Cochin lol.

LP is in the front.
View attachment 2068710
Aw! Thank you! That means a lot to me. I'm fairly new here, I'm trying to fit in lol. I'm so happy I could help walk you through that. You did amazing too! Those chicks are just too adorable :love :hugs

Back
Top Bottom