GothChimkens22

In the Brooder
May 14, 2023
Will Liquamycin, Duramycin or ventrimisole work instead of Tylosin? If so how much is the dosage. My hen has bubbles in her eyes and I am not sure Tylosin is accessible for me at my tractor supply

Apologies for pic quality but you can kinda see in the corner there the bubbles

Attachments

• IMG_8559.jpeg
    IMG_8559.jpeg
    822.4 KB · Views: 19
Is that her only symptom? If so, it may be a simple eye irritation. Try rinsing the eye with saline and applying a tiny dab of Triple antibiotic ointment in the corner of the eye twice a day until it stops bubbling.

Duramycin is one tablespoon in one gallon water. Reduce proportions for one chicken. But wait until you see if the eye flushing and ointment works as there's a 21 day egg withdrawal after treating a layer with Duramycin.

Is that her only symptom? If so, it may be a simple eye irritation. Try rinsing the eye with saline and applying a tiny dab of Triple antibiotic ointment in the corner of the eye twice a day until it stops bubbling.

Duramycin is one tablespoon in one gallon water. Reduce proportions for one chicken. But wait until you see if the eye flushing and ointment works as there's a 21 day egg withdrawal after treating a layer with Duramycin.
So far she is completely fine apart from her eye. She’s still eating and drinking just fine. Ty I will try that I really appreciate you

Back
Top Bottom