Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

just a few minutes until DD#1 gets here,, I have to deliver 12 dozen eggs..

here is my hatching schedule for this round.. guineas 31,,,,,,,turkeys 5.......
peacock 2........ barocks 14

no action except the guineas, so far..

these will be the first peacock eggs for this year.. I never hold out too much hope for them..

we had a little rain here,, it is sunny now..

Mel, do you have a sanitation dept in your town ? they usually have a dumping station .. Ours is free.. or at least it was 8 years ago..

.........jiminwisc..........

Welcome home from your long trip!

The storm has not hit us yet. We have had a few showers. I locked up all the birds and shut the windows in prep for the storm. Now I want to go open all of them back up. Not sure if more is coming or not.

Chicken scratch..how are you holding up with the storm?

Carol,
hugs.gif
what a bummer! Being a grown-up sucks sometimes. I don't have room for your entire Jaer flock, but maybe some of them. And when you're ready you can have all the eggs/starter birds you need.

Delisha, thanks for the heads up on the birds. I'll have to find some Corid - does TSC carry it? I do have Tylan on hand.

Bigz, thanks for looking for that pan again. Now give up! Glad the plants are doing good. Next year you'll be dividing and giving it away.

Remember folks, emoticons only go so far - hard to read body language and tone online. Relaaaaaaaaaaaaax.

Mellie, thank you, thank you, thank you for the cherries. They are now GONE! Nuf said?

Poured like a MF here for quite a while, but nothing too serious. Hope Terri is weathering the storms ok.
fl.gif

duc.gif

Oh yes---good evening and we are fine here! There was a series of boomers that made me drop my Coke right off of the swing! I was sitting out on the swing on the front porch enjoying the rain and the drop in humidity...my head still feels like a watermelon; when it hit. CRIPES! Must have had a lightening strike nearby. When the kids got home from beach volleyball (LOL) they said that they saw the wayside lights get hit from both sides! Scarey! Maybe that was what I heard? Anyhow...the wind picked up a bit and then heavy rain but none of the hail that they were saying. The sky looked pretty cool though! I LOVE storms! Hey Melly...next time let's just us go to the mountains!
BTW--a free lease is usually where you take the horse and all responsibility for it for the period of the lease. Sometimes there are other considerations too. We Free leased a pony after my daughter's "Dusty" died. It was a win win cause she only had rough board for her and a new horse to ride so the pony got lots of work to do and a shelter too!

Carol--I hope you get your ducks in a row so to speak! How terrible to have to make a decision like that! I dont think I could do it! It would take me way too long to get everything back again!

Okay--I am heading to bed...so tired and cant catch my breath with this cold.
TerriOwishingpeaceandunderstandingandtoleranceto/foreveryone

Vicki: My "Latte" is still not looking good at all...can't stand and legs going all over-very weak...just hoping that the Corid kicks in in time. It kicked in fast with her...fine a couple days ago-maybe a little lethargic to 2 days ago with her legs all weak.

Delish-I just want to say publiclly how much help you have been with going through this the past couple of days with my chick! Thank you thank you!!! And as far as Cocci and my research-it could have been brought in by anyone of us on our shoss from visiting a feed store, our own chickens who are older and have immunity, etc....

Babylady Welcome back!!

Going on 5 hrs sleep a night the past 3-4 days so thinking this will be an early night....have to pick daughter up from end of school year party around 1030 or so (after being at Valleyfair all day sure shes wiped out) then it is lights out for angiebubs!!!!!

Last edited:
Carol,
hugs.gif
what a bummer! Being a grown-up sucks sometimes. I don't have room for your entire Jaer flock, but maybe some of them. And when you're ready you can have all the eggs/starter birds you need.

Delisha, thanks for the heads up on the birds. I'll have to find some Corid - does TSC carry it? I do have Tylan on hand.

Bigz, thanks for looking for that pan again. Now give up! Glad the plants are doing good. Next year you'll be dividing and giving it away.

Remember folks, emoticons only go so far - hard to read body language and tone online. Relaaaaaaaaaaaaax.
I have never shopped at TSC.
Tylan is an antibiotic and I have no idea if it treats stress cocci or not. It works for infections as far as I know.
I got Corid powder at Farm and Fleet ..1/2 teaspoon in a gallon of water. No additional additives in the solution. treat for 5-7 days
Oh yes---good evening and we are fine here! There was a series of boomers that made me drop my Coke right off of the swing! I was sitting out on the swing on the front porch enjoying the rain and the drop in humidity...my head still feels like a watermelon; when it hit. CRIPES! Must have had a lightening strike nearby. When the kids got home from beach volleyball (LOL) they said that they saw the wayside lights get hit from both sides! Scarey! Maybe that was what I heard? Anyhow...the wind picked up a bit and then heavy rain but none of the hail that they were saying. The sky looked pretty cool though! I LOVE storms! Hey Melly...next time let's just us go to the mountains!
BTW--a free lease is usually where you take the horse and all responsibility for it for the period of the lease. Sometimes there are other considerations too. We Free leased a pony after my daughter's "Dusty" died. It was a win win cause she only had rough board for her and a new horse to ride so the pony got lots of work to do and a shelter too!

Carol--I hope you get your ducks in a row so to speak! How terrible to have to make a decision like that! I dont think I could do it! It would take me way too long to get everything back again!

Okay--I am heading to bed...so tired and cant catch my breath with this cold.
TerriOwishingpeaceandunderstandingandtoleranceto/foreveryone
Get well soon..
I am sick too..darn weather..sinus infection

Well since things calmed down...

I know there HAS been concerns that perhaps you (Psycho) were not researching ALL of those breeds on your wish list. You are correct in that we can't possibly know how many forums you're on, how many phone calls you've made. We see a mile long wish list, hear you don't have any coop (honestly coops for that many birds) and think you are getting in over your head. We do have concerns for the owner and the birds. And as it has been pointed out, it is hard to read people honestly and accurately online. You have come across rather harsh, and rather unreasonable when it comes to advice. You become defensive instead of stopping for one moment to see that people are trying to help, and are unsure of your baseline knowledge. You ask for advice, but then get defensive because something was taken wrong.

I for one KNOW how easy it is to get too many birds (or really get incubator crazy). The Thing is, I admit I'm dumb messing with chicks that are hatching. I dont get things stable, or sh!t happens and the hatch goes bad. But my life. My experiences. My bad hatches. I don't blame anyone. I don't jump down people's throats because I didn't follow their advice.

And Jim, if you made me sad, you'd apologize, right??? (fluttering my eye lashes at you in your tutu)

CC.. I wrote a really heartfelt post this morning about your animals, your big heart, and my sadness for you and Steve. Then I lost it. Sooooooo, if you want me to type it again, let me know.

TerriO... I'm all about prayers for intersession. I'll put you in them tonight or some relief in the money department. I hate how stressful money is! I wish we could go back to more bartering than purchasing. It makes me sad.

Carol... I'll put you in my prayers for the same thing. Sorry for your hardship.

Deli... Don't beat yourself up. Cocci is the sh!ts. (couldn't help myself!)

There was more, but kids are fighting so my brain is shutting down. I ordered CareTrak for our son. I just can't lose him "permanently". We also have the keypad auto locking door knobs on to lock everyone inside the house. Our 6 mo old washing machine took a crap on us (not literally). The part is back ordered until end of next week. We almost had an electrical fire last night, so we're without water last night. Plumber here at 7 am to replace the box and wiring which had gotten so hot it melted. (this was just rewired by a different plumber 6 months ago). Oh, and second son has pink eye. These are the highlights since Saturday.

Kk... Gotta go put kids to bed, and mix a drink!

Back
Top Bottom