Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Up early door hanging, so TO beat me to post. ;)

Finished result for now (will add trim around the rest of the door when it's not frickity frickity cold out!), the hens approve and greatly appreciate a door on the coop. They gave me a royal chewing for interrupting their preferred egg laying time for it, though, with 3 of them stuffed in one egg box bawk bawk bawk beKAWKing the whole time.

Also pictures, some photos of the IBs from today.

I cant believe that I amthe first to post this morning! WOW! Good Christmas Eve! Happy Anni Cind and DH! That is crap about the bonus...sometimes I think companies just like to dangle that over your head cause they really dont "have to" pay it I guess. A place my DH worked at did that every year...there was just that one project that lost $$$ so....he didnt stay there real long!

So just having a quick cuppa and then out to let out birdies and off to work for me. I have to check that fudge recipe too...I might need to stop at the store.
Geez ODrH--you are an Ace builder! Very nice door! You may come and make new ones for my coops (and barn) at any time! LOL! I just might be giving you a call for that butchering help too. Dont forget JJ, that is coming up sometime in January. I am hoping they are ready the first week. I have another scrapbooking weekend coming up the second weekend and I know I cant depend on the people to feed them the mash! They will be safer in the freezer for sure! Planning on making it a party! (cause we wont have had enough with New Years and Christmas ya know!)

OK--I better get moving so I can get back and cook! Have a great one today and tomorrow...that is jammie day for us. Remember DrH when you stopped over for eggs and we were all in jammies? Yup, all day long!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!

TerriOoftoworkforalittlebitbutnottoomuch
We are also doing an all day pajama thing for Christmas day.

I am still in for butcher day. I can bring the roo, the maple syrup kit, and the squash seeds for mxmarge

Happy Christmas Eve Day To Everyone Nice! Happy anniversary Cind...Best Wishes to you both.

Someone asked what's POL= point of lay.

Urch has some nice birds. alot of 4-H folks get their birds for showing from him. he is also director 5 for the APA, as well as director for other clubs like the java club etc...his prices are fair for his quality.

Great joke Jim. Nice and short for folks to be able to retell it I'm thinkin.

Great pics everyone...looks like sledding was fun bl4.

Nice that everyone is on the mend Doc. Hope we can spoil the vikes quest for a playoff spot next week too.

bigz

Merry Christmas Eve Everyone!!!
Just thought I'd stop y real quick like to check in and wish everyone a Merry Christmas!!!

Thanks for all the B-Day wishes!!!
Not much to report. The Girls are still staying in the coop. Their run is still scary. Most likely it will stay that way till spring! Poor things....I'm getting about 8-9 eggs a day though. Got another green egg today. I'm thinking it must be the Ameruacana pullet. Maybe.

Well, the cats just sent something crashing in the kitchen....Oh the evil cats do......

Later All

Merry Christmas

we did our Christmas thing last night.. Annie went to work tonight..

I pulled the two plugs on the oil reservoir today,, the oil was so thick, it didn't even run out of the holes.. I spread a tarp over Ollie and put an electric heater under it.. I had it that way for over 3 hours. and the oil was still dripping, so I got a bigger electric heater under the tarp.. It has been a couple of hours,, I have not checked it lately.. I think I will just let it go all night.. I noticed the clutch pedal was very warm, so by morning the whole transmission should be warm..

I bought 5 gallons of 30 weight, non-detergent oil.. just under $50.oo.. seems like a lot of $$$ but not really bad if you compare it to an oil change in your car.. with care, this oil change should last 7 or 8 years, like the last one did..

I still have to lock up the birds.. I have an extra heater I should put in with the guineas.. tomorrow I will give each coop a fresh layer of straw..

......jimgoingintolurkingmode..........

Merry Christmas Everyone !
Trying to get the rest of the presents wrapped for the kids.... having to remove snow kind of threw off my schedule this week.
idunno.gif

youngest DS(7) participated in the church play tonight and took part in mass- he did a good job. Of course they used a lot of insence tonight at mass- wasn't sure if DH, DD and DS(10) were going to need to leave as they had us sitting in the 5 closest pews to the front- but they made it.

Best go finish as tomorrow will come early!

Baking some pistachio and dried cherry biscotti right now... hazelnut choc-chip is next.

Took three of my four offspring to Christmas Eve service tonight at the Church where my sister is the Worship Coordinator. They were all pretty good until we started singing 'Oh Holy Night'..... they ALL started giggling!!!! At first I was wondering what the deal was, then I remembered that we have watched Jeff Dunham's Christmas special WAY too much! They were ALL thinking of Achmed singing 'Oh Holy cr@p, I think I blew my foot off...'

They are all getting pitchforks and horns for sure............. I know I had a good time!

Back from turning the biscotti. I have the next batch ready to go in the oven as soon as these come out. Tomorrow we will be baking up Ginger cookies, Chocolate crinkles, and making sugar cookie cut-outs. I hope I can also get a batch of homemade peanut brittle in for my youngest. He just loves the stuff. I will probably make a batch for my neighbors as well, they enjoy it too.

I still have a few presents to wrap, did some last minute Christmas shopping today. Thankfully most of the haul is wrapped and hiding in the back of my car.

BTW, the front passenger tire had a good chunk of ice in it. As soon as I was able to get rid of it; no more shaking.

Everyone have a Merry Christmas tomorrow! Stay safe and enjoy the day!

P.S. I would like to know how the soap went over.............
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom