Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Here's an FYI if anyone had interest in this free Webinar. I can't, have to work tomorrow, but it's at 2pm.

gov_delivery_banner_700_subscriber.jpg

Do you own backyard birds or know anyone who does? Join us in celebrating Bird Health Awareness Week!

This week—February 24 through March 2, 2013—is Bird Health Awareness Week. Activities and programs offered throughout the week will give students, bird lovers, and poultry owners an opportunity to learn simple steps to keep their flocks healthy. Bird Health Awareness Week is part of the USDA Animal and Plant Inspection Service’s (APHIS) Biosecurity For Birds campaign to promote awareness of and ways to prevent the spread of infectious poultry diseases.

The highlight of this week is a free webinar—Growing Chicks into Healthy Chickens: Getting Ready for Spring, on Thursday, February 28, 2013. The webinar begins at 2 p.m. EST. Participants will get information and tips on raising healthy backyard poultry. Topics include:
  • How to get your birds and equipment ready for spring
  • What to look for when buying chicks to start or build your flock
  • What are the best and most popular bird breeds
  • How to keep your flock safe from predators and disease
  • What are the signs of infectious diseases
  • Where to find resources to help you.
To register for the webinar, go to: https://healthychickens.webex.com/mw0307l/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=healthychickens and use the password:Chickens (password is case-sensitive).

To learn more about Bird Health Awareness Week or the Biosecurity for Birds campaign, visit http://healthybirds.aphis.usda.gov.

Crappy day here in Yooperville...
Weather sucks... I'm soooo tired of winter. Now we have this heavy snow to deal with.... COME ON SPRING! Of course Spring means mud... LOL

Roosters are doing great and have moved right into the flock. I was surprised to see that the Hens didn't stop laying - even a little bit - after the introduction of the roosters. I'm still getting 8-9 eggs a day from 10 hens.

Don't know if the Roosters are "enjoying" the hens yet... They wont come out of their coop/run with all this snow coming down. I may put one of my "spy" cameras in the coop and see what's going on in there... LOL

Sure am looking forward to Cheesehead Chickenstock 2013 !!!

Laters...

Tom Ski

Ahem... I prefer rules. I love order. I adore being told what to do, who to do, and when to do it.
:D

Jim I prefer you crabby sometimes. You can't always be kind, caring, sweet, and informational. It would put you in the Saint category, and we just can't have that. I like a man with a little crunch. Oh and one who wears socks with sandals...

Ahem... I prefer rules. I love order. I adore being told what to do, who to do, and when to do it.
big_smile.png

Jim I prefer you crabby sometimes. You can't always be kind, caring, sweet, and informational. It would put you in the Saint category, and we just can't have that. I like a man with a little crunch. Oh and one who wears socks with sandals...
lau.gif

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/grd/3620039248.html

BTW - saw this on Craigslist. I sent an email to get one of the incubators, but don't have enough to buy all 3. (Wish I did, I'd take the hatcher, too!)
Oh, the trouble I could get into with my DH.........
hide.gif

See the chaos you stirred up, Bl???? Jim is the pot stirrer, woman!
wink.png
lau.gif

No rules allowed here! As Dan said, let the mayhem resume.
D.gif
I agree with Terri that if you're doing a private wheel & deal, maybe use a PM. A PM might also be a good idea if you get a little crotchety with the way other people brood their chicks.
hide.gif

Hey sunshine, you set the eggs you just got in the mail today? I thought I read somewhere to let the eggs rest for a day before setting?
hu.gif
Good luck in any case, and to everyone who is bating now.
smile.png

cs, you still want me to set LOs for the Easter hatch? How many did you want?

Judge, so sad about the kitty.
hit.gif

And by nameless, Casie, I'm assuming you mean Vicki?
lau.gif

Hurley, those auto doors are the best!

Ski, you dirty ol' man.
gig.gif

Bigfam wants rules and order????? How many boys do you have, girlie?
tongue.png

STILL snowing down here.........
tongue.gif
We've got at least 6 or 7" too (of snow). You people.............

Evening everyone, snows seems to be slowing down.....hopefully it is done, DH is still out removing snow, lot of water with this round. Not sure how much snow we got today.

So far we collected 10 gal of maple sap- have to see when DH will want to start the first batch.

Picked up 14 eggs today from the girls out of 18 hens total- not bad at all.

Off to have some ice cream with the kids and hang out till they have to go to bed.

Have a good night!

Snowless Evening Everyone...we ended up with prolly a inch so far. It's so nice to see you folks that needed it most got dumped on. We are good til Spring in regards to snow.

Went to kropf's meats today and picked up our venzun hot sticks and garlic summer sausage. They really do a fantastic job with details and a quality product. Picked up some of their bacon made from pork shoulder....delish and they have their special flavor that is no second to nueskes. I also picked up some side pork....haven't had that for awhile either.

Forgot to mention that my friend Brad placed 2nd with his deer head mount at the deer expo. He is the one doing my bear rug. He has so much work that his full time teacher wife is gonna quit her job and help him with prep work. He is also an engineer in charge of the clean-up of the pcb's in the fox river at Green Bay, so money isn't a issue for them at all. Must be nice, eh!

Nice pics everyone...thanks for sharing.

I'm with you tomski...the bash should be a good time for those that make the annual event.

bigz

Back
Top Bottom