Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Thanks guys! Looks like I will be doing some shopping.

Good news! The new hen fought mejust now for her dropper of sulmet! Shes officially been on it for 25 hours. Shes still weak. But im hopefull.

I wish I had a farm n fleet near :-( fleet farm does not have as much.

Cuties: Regarding BluKote-that stuff will stain everything including skin LOL So I highly recommend buying the one with the dabber built into the lid. ALthough funny story: Even with that I ended up with lil blue freckles for a day or two....I was using it on a hen and she wasnt too happy with me-grabbed the dabber out of my hands and flung it (looked like a tempter tantrum to me) and I meanwhile ended up with lil splats on my face and my hands.....:p I know the expiration on the Corid I bought today at Fleet Farm expires Aug 30. 2015 if that helps

If I ever need to apply, I will call you to show me how. I will be sure to do my watching from a distance ;-)
Good to know fleet has corid. Do you know if they have blukote? Im glad I got that sulmet a few months back. Seems noone can find it now.

Hi All......
barnie.gif
hide.gif

Power bills, lost jobs, new jobs, and lack of money...
rant.gif
hit.gif

Have you ever "robbed peter to pay paul"???
Well I did that with our power bill, and now we have about 2 1/2 months to get it paid off.
Why did I do that??? To feed my flock and my horses.
And now something has to give. In this case, my flock and two of my beloved horses.

I know you have seen this from me before, but this time, I can't do this to myself again.

So with a HUGE amount of reluctance I am putting my Jaerhon flock up for sale, 22 adult birds, 10 are 1 yr olds from Ideal Hatchery, 4 bred from hatched eggs last yr so also a yr old.
and the rest are 2-3 yrs old but still laying. PLUS a bonus 8 pullets from Ideal that I got May 10th. 1 rooster, all the rest are hens, including a turken/jaerhon cross from TO.
I am asking the BYC price of $150, or free if in a few years I can get some pullets/roos and hatching eggs.

Also have a wonderful TINY blue/black silkie rooster with correct comb, carries the blue splash gene.

And 5 d'uccle that are Kristi's, a normal mille fleur, a blue mille hen, a b/w mottle hen, a b/w mottle with gold leakage hen, a porcelain roo, you can ask Kristi what she wants for them.

AND my heart breaker....
Preferred Free Lease current coggins for this year, but willing to sell.
12 yr old ASB cross mare, a very-extremely-seasoned trail horse, parades, dressage, costume parades and trail rides, barrels, gymkhana, jumping, started Renn faire/SCA games.
Has been ridden by a person when I have given some lessons. Intermediate or Advanced preffered, ridden english OR western in a snaffle OR hackamore.
Asking $700 OBO

@6-7 yr old registered half arab Grulla mare, not broke (was going to this year).

7 yr old grade Ky Mtn horse mare, very seasoned trail horse, parades, gymkhana, a follower NOT a lead type horse, has a few quirks, but nothing major, Great for a beginner who will simply follow the other horse. Free lease ONLY!!!

What a heartbreaker! You have some beautiful animals - wish I could help you out! All the best to you!

Ok, Evening all, or Good Night to many of you or Sweet Dreams if you've already hit the hay !!!

Anyway, let's see if I can remember..... hhhmmmm

Angibuds, hope you wake up with good news tomorrow with your little chick......

BTW.... Corrid comes in both liquid and powder form..... There is also a cheaper off brand name with the same active ingredient... Ampro...... something or other. A lot cheaper then Corrid brand. It is the powder form. Our Fleet Farm carries it, they have it on one of the end caps with a bunch of their chick supplies. just an FYI

Delish, what are you using ? Liquid or powder? I like the powder... use less and lasts longer..... but hopefully you don't have to use it...

Also, I've used Tylan 50 liquid for injections. Be careful if you are buying anything other then the Tylan "50" since they also have Tylan 200 etc. Dosage would be entirely different...... Never did buy any of the powder Tylan.... yes that is expensive. I've seen on line that some people do give the tylan 50 orally..... don't know if it works or not but have heard of people doing it. But then again, people do a lot of things.... like giving topical ivermectin orally etc.... just sayin...

Carol, so sorry to hear you have to give up some of your animals..... wish I could help but I'm at capacity... ET is layed off AGAIN !!!
I think that is the only way I would give up one of my beloved horses, ponys, donkeys, pigs or any of my animals for that matter.... free leasing... you still own it but someone else cares for it, pays for it and when they are done with it they give it back to you...... no money lost and you either free lease it to someone else or take it back. God I hope I never have to go through that.

TO, I hear ya on the money front. All of this driving to Dr's, going for hay, chicken food etc is costing an arm and leg and I can't afford to loose any more !!!
lau.gif

I'd like to know who is getting rich because it sure seems like everyone wants to squeeze more and more out of you no matter what you buy........ where is all this money ?????
smack.gif

So that being said, whoever is praying for TO and WCC's money dilemmas.... say a few more for ET and Me will ya .!!!!!! No kidding !!

Psycho Chick, I am glad you are asking a lot of questions. I think you are a lot like me. You type what you think and like others have said, feelings are hard to interpret in a typed forum so you get misunderstood.... I think that is why my posts are so long.... I'm trying my best to explain how I feel and am trying to be careful as to what I type so it won't be misconstrued. Not saying that what you type is or isn't, just saying that's my excuse for long posts....
old.gif

Ok, I know there were a few other411111111111111111111111+ (dang kitten just ran across my keyboard) As I was saying I know there were a few other people who had chicken or chick health issues going on.... must be the season... anyway hope they wake up brite and cheerful as well.......
hugs.gif
fl.gif

Evening all.......
Sorry to hear about all the sick critters the last week, and money problems are a given, with our corrupt government, and greedy establishment.......... ya can't win for loosing these days......... it makes me sick actually, to see so many people just trying to get by and keep their animals, and all of us are fighting a loosing battle.......!!!!!!!!!!!
I may be the next one on the that list of must sell or give away, because of a greedy neighbor, a hay guy who lost most of his fields, and the ridiculous pricing of feed/hay/ and gas... This country has lost it's mind lately, everything has quadrupled, while our paychecks are reduced by astronomical Insurance, taxes, and over the top pricing!!!!!!!! Adam is grossing 700 or better a week we get 250, nice huh......... plus my SSD has been reduced by 314 a month because Jaret turned 18, to my understanding in 2000 when I first screwed my hands up, I would get my entire SSD after he turned 18 well NO that has been changed now I only get my split........ and they get to keep the rest........nice of them to inform me of that change when it occurred.......... now my 1200.00 is less than 900, so if something don't give soon, something has to go.............. besides my sanity........otherwise I would take a horse or 2 free lease, but can't guarantee anything just now........... sorry I can't help......

Angiebubs, hope your chicki improves fast, with Cocci, coating the intestines is important, feed her yogurt, or even milk, to coat the lining.... it can help.

Anyway Jim sounds like a lot of rocks to pick, don't hurt yourself......
I have no garden this year, 1st time in 20 years?? had a garden so long can't really remember when I didn't.............. life sure sucks sometimes, but with everything up in the air, my house guests and beastly children, the chickens, and no fencing up, Adam gone all the time.......I just said screw it......... I still have canned extras from last year, and a full cupboard of canned goods, guess I can get by 1 year......... not liking it much though already missing the early greens, and the tranquility of just working in the dirt....... it is always my stress relief to just go play in the weeds..........

CC so sorry about all the losses, I know the hurt all too well..........sending hugs to you........... and don't listen to BigFam she is mean......, you are not a shrivel black soul, you are an angel, blessed with more heart than most............((((( :hugs )))))
so sorry if I missed anything else read so many posts my head is spinning............LOL you chatter boxes.......
Oh ya I also agree BBP fence in that herd........... you are asking for trouble, or a law suit, some people sue at the drop of a hat these days, and its also for there own protection......BTW nice looking gelding..........
Later peeps Kim

Wow that was.....intense?
So sorry to hear about all of your sick critters, and all the losses
Hope all of you with money troubles find your way to the other side quickly!
Not much new here with the animals. Found 14 eggs in the rhubarb patch today. I was wondering where the eggs were going!
Planted about 150 potatoes tonight. Still have a bunch that didn't go in yet. I think I over did it.
Finally got the sweet corn in. FIL did 2 passes witht he planter, and then in 2weeks we'll do it again. Can't believe it is in so late this year. Usually it is done the beginning of May, so who knows what will happen. I suppose we will lose some customers who want to get their corn earlier.
Had a neighbor call and wanted 2 big square bales for her injured gelding who is on stall rest. I told her the price my FIL wanted, but not sure what she decided to do. Hay is expensive!
Hope you all have a good night

Evening To Everyone....Glad you didn't dump us H&R...we did miss you at the bash, it's the first one you guys ever missed, I think and I'm sorry for mistaking you on the advice. It might of be MLH then.
The tylan does have a exp date on the box....so check that out to make sure it's fresh enough for a long shelf life...I did have great results with the tylan 50 given orally for weasing birds a couple years ago. One dose did it.

Frenchie, I made it to the orchard at Antigo....what a wonderful, intelligent lady....she sent not only liquid gel with the trees for soaking before planting, but also wonder grow cubes that are added to the holes, as well as plastic mole sleeves for the trunks.....when I asked her how long she has been working with the fruit trees...she said the orchard has been going 53 years.....I've never dealt with a person so eager do things right. Kudos to them....thanks for the tip!

Enjoy the fish Cind...suzie and jennie went fishing for a while this afternoon....they caught 16 sunfish keepers...gonna be fresh fish Friday...i'm thinkin.

Sounds like you guys a getting a handle on the sick birds.....good job...it is tuff to figure this stuff sometimes, and the losses are never fun....hopefully knowledge is gained and losses will be avoided next time around. Chickens are such gentle fowl...always gonna be some losses, if you raise them long enough.

Glad yo are home safe bl4...thanks for the fuel info...not bad really, when you consider the vehicle.

Sunshine tomorrow....work to be done.

Be Safe....bigz

Back
Top Bottom