Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Forgot to add, to make things even easier I keep a big plastic garbage can just outside the coop door to empty my bucket into. When it's full it gets hauled off to the compost pile. Easy peasy !!!!

T - love the pics!!!!

LOL..
Happy Dads day to all the Dads here.. . mine has been MIA in my life since I was 17, although i did have lunch with him or an hour when I was 24, I am 43 now... yah... good times .. NOT!
But for those who have family that are around and care hope you are having a great day!.

I have a lady from Columbus coming to pick up some chickens in a few weeks.
I have Indi my mare on the CL, and will likely add her other places, I rode her with a bare back pad and a sidepull friday with Peggy an old friend of TO's.
Had some folks lined up to come see her.. and poof.. suddenly they aren't....grrrrr, wasted some good hours waiting for them.
Oh well!

We haven't had cable in almost 3 years, we rent movies when they are out of the movie theatre, and watch a lot of the local channels.
You would be happily surprised what is on now.
These are local so the channel #'s may change but the programming is about the same
3-CBS
3.2 TVW shows old CBS shows and pre-taped/previously aired shows from the same day
15.1 NBC
15.2 Weather channel of NBC
15.3 Antenna T.V. shows old leave it to beaver, gidget, dennis the menace, Barney Fife, Sanford and Sons...and my fave on Tue nights WKRP in Cincinatti
21.1 PBS main channel
21.2 WI public Television/secondary PBS channel
21.3 Create T.V. cooking, travel, gardening - wonderful channel with lots of great shows!! Victory Garden, P. Allen Smith, Simply Ming, New Scandanavian cooking, Mexico- 1 Plate at a time...
27.1 ABC
27.2 Me T.V. a Lot of shows like The Dick Van Dyke show, Mary Tyler Moore
27.3 Has mostly MGM movies of the type either that went straight to video or had the "stars before they were stars" type movies, but they have some good repeats of westerns, mysteries, action... and the type.
47- Fox
57 The CW which has a gaggle of pretty good show, better for teens and early 20 types but not bad

WIChookChick, your dad sounds about as great as mine.
I cleaned out my run today. NASTY! I usually do it at last a month earlier. It was very foul smelling when I got into it. I'm glad they don't use it once the snow melts (they free range).

Hi, I was bumped offline last night and I just managed to get back on..I didn't do anything special, except wait.. we (Annie) tried a diagnostic thingy, which didn't work..

up until a few days ago, I had two colored turkey hens.. they got sold .. I mentioned them on here a few times before putting them on C List.,,

have 18 new barocks (mine) and a quite a few guinea keets, (Marlene's) and one peacock pipped.. watching that one real close..

I got the master (rirst) truss built today... I am hiding from the sun for awhile..

Dora is a bit more perky today.. she is going to see her new vet at 8 am tomorrow..

then I am meeting DD#2 for breakfast, and then at noon I am meeting Marlene to pick up some eggs from her to hatch for her..

I told UnkaDan that the gum flavor changes,, it all depends on what it gets dropped into/onto..

that is not as gross as taking off your dirty underwear and throwing them against the wall, and they stick there..

.......jimgoingbackouttodoalotofsawing......

wow
ep.gif
you guys sure taking advantage of it being father's day, aren't we Jim????
lau.gif
underwear, yuck!!!!

on the laptop again. Easiest to charge on the generator. Yep, back on gas power again, sigh. Got to love living in the northwoods. One rain shower goes thru, sun comes out and POOF off goes the power. Now there's the chance of getting hit by a big storm later this evening so who knows when they will get us back up. "Officially" they say 10:30. We all really believe them, right???

We just went kayaking and took our gosling swimming in the river. The kids and the goose had a blast. I found it amusing. The kids haven't been here since Thursday, so they came home to the surprise. The last time we had a gosling was 4 years ago, I can't believe its been that long. Now I need to find another one, so this one doesn't get so confused about what kind of animal it is.

Whew! Finally done reading....for now!

A memo/factoid that I heard today about ticks- if you get bitten by a tick, boil wormwood leaves and put the leaves over the site of the bite to soak in the skin.

Horse info- my oldest DD wanted a horse (which we can't have) but what I was able to do, is to get her into a volunteer situation at a barn close to Delisha, where DD can work with horses directly and learn how much work they actually are!
TO- what is pony club?

Dan-I have the stirrup hoe and I do like it, but do you have to sharpen the bottom portion ever?

FT-I am sorry that you have to were the mask, etc, but I laughed out loud when you talked about being a fighter pilot!!! BTW- take melatonin which is natural to help you fall asleep or benadryl as a last result. Neither are habit forming or leave you hung over in the morning.

Deli-we were out of town, so I don't know if we even had a storm.

I found brussels!!! Jade, but i think I'm too far away from those interested.

Cuties-Our vacation was great. We have seen and climbed the Cahokia Mounds, rafted/floated down the Meramec River, visited Six Flags St. Louis, and the children defended our campsite from marshmallow thieves (raccoons) and other shadow creatures (herds of deer). We also went to the City Museum, the Arch, and ate at Pappy's Smokehouse. Upon return we slept (the kids until 1:30pm the next day), I weeded the garden, then packed up the car again because we had a huge soccer tournament for all Midwest teams yesterday. DH & I planted more in the garden today and I did more weeding. Back to work for us tomorrow and the kids leave for their other parents houses' this weekend for the whole summer. The 2 younger ones we will get back a couple of times but otherwise they'll all be back at the end of August.

Lisa- beautiful horse & congrats to you and your son.

JJ- you can still use SAHM, just the "M" would stand for man!

Welcome Erin!

Chickens that don't poop & chewing gum....hilarious!

cs, I prefer dumb hoes, sharp ones can be hard to deal with
wink.png

I have sandy loam and very few rocks,,,,if you feel the need sharpen,,,,more important make sure it is loose so the blade does the work for you when you push/pull. When correct you should here a clicking sound.

Back
Top Bottom