Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

BEast getting new side business going and event Ynez...came home let chickens out for couple he's.Went to lock up and Willow my ly Brahma was on the floor panting really fast. Picked her up Android feel her heart really pounding. Put her in Beatrix...hour later she's dead! No idea what happened..don't think its related to issues week or so ago....everybody seemed fine. IM scared checked and everyone else looks fine. Wondering if heartbreak or poison of some sort?

Wow, you can tell someone was in a panic and typing away on their ipad, with autocorrect running amuck! Lol. Angiebubs had her chickens freeranging. She noticed her light brahma acting weird. When she picked her up her heart was racing. She set her in the nest box. When she came back later she was dead.
Oh, and she's doing an event tomorrow to promote her new ecigarette business, so she's trying to get that all prepared tonight.
I wish I could help, but I have no idea why that chicken randomly died. I think she was pretty young, hatched this spring or last.

Last edited:
D@mn D@mn D@mn! I just killed the longest post I wrote in days!!!
barnie.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif

Short version.... Sorry about the hen, hope your hen get's better, cute pic, glade your OK! Are "the boys" all on strike?

Jon (young son) is gallbladderless!
yesss.gif
Now maybe he can enjoy his new job! I have to get to bed so I can pick him up tomorrow.

Night All!

Welcome hen madam! I told my husband we were starti ng with 4 hens. The day we went to get them, we arrived home with 11!

Violete, I would have to talk with hubby. But I might beable to spare a rir. I do not have birds close to polish. But ours are pretty tame. The kids like toting them all around! I recently met a girl from fort Atkinson. She has polish. But I thi k almost all roos. I do not know if she would be interested in sellin g a hen. Lmk if you want her #.

Bbl4 I am glad you and everyo e else is ok. Must be a very scary situation.

Cind, glad things worked out for your son!

Momgille, I would agree on you with the dog crate thing. Give her a week or two in there. When we first got the ducks, one of them had a limp. I gave her a buddy, and kept her I a smaller area. Only took about two weeks to clear up :) I think sometimes they just get a sore leg.
I do not want to work on sSaturday! !!!!

Jim, I miss you on here!!! I do not even know why you are upset :-(
I think you should yell at the person, get it off your chest, and come back.

It is probably big fam, because she always picks on you! ;-)

Big fam, I have been thinking of you. And hope you are doing ok. Hang in there. The little bit we have met, I think you are strong and will get through.

BEast getting new side business going and event Ynez...came home let chickens out for couple he's.Went to lock up and Willow my ly Brahma was on the floor panting really fast. Picked her up Android feel her heart really pounding. Put her in Beatrix...hour later she's dead! No idea what happened..don't think its related to issues week or so ago....everybody seemed fine. IM scared checked and everyone else looks fine. Wondering if heartbreak or poison of some sort?
Sorry about your chicken..only clue might be in autopsy..butcher her out and take a peek inside. If her heart has blood by it..heart attack. If liver is compromised..possible poison.

D@mn D@mn D@mn! I just killed the longest post I wrote in days!!!
barnie.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif

Short version.... Sorry about the hen, hope your hen get's better, cute pic, glade your OK! Are "the boys" all on strike?

Jon (young son) is gallbladderless!
yesss.gif
Now maybe he can enjoy his new job! I have to get to bed so I can pick him up tomorrow.

Night All!
glad he is OK..

Hey all just checking in to say hello...........I'm home for a few days to catch up everything around here.......... read a couple pages back but way to many to catch up on since I was last here.
Anyway I also hate the Exploders, LOL cute name for them btw........ I have a Jeep second one I have owned, the first went with the x, my current one a 93 Cherokee sport, has 253,000 on it and going strong, starting to rust out under neath tho, but the motor runs aw sum....... yup they do walk thru the gas we get about 19 /20 hwy, and 15 mpg in town. not the greatest, but I absolutely love it in the snow, sticks to the ground like glue.....
Sorry about the chicky losses, no idea on the spranged ankle, good to see so many newbies, Welcome to the group.......... great bunch here, If ya haven't been here long you will soon see..............

Hi...........CC sorry we never got to that ride this summer, but things have been crazy here for so long I can't remember when they were normal anymore.......... I really dislike Adams job, I can't win, if I go with I miss home, and my critters, If I stay home, I'm miserable without him........... at this point I would say my life has taken some unappreciated turns and I don't hate it.....exactly but I do not like it either!!!! I feel stuck, he is still getting jack crap for pay, for example last week we cover a loop all the way out to cali, up the coast and back over the top thru ND and his check this week was 217.00 after taxes and bull...... it sucks.....we been all over, but really only see things from the highway, so not alot to talk about , we never have a place to park or time to see anything real or up close. but so far I have been too............ Ill. Minnesota, Michigan, Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, Indiana, Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Mississippi, Arkansas......so I will be going out again with Adam on Wednesday, but no idea where too..... hope not Colorado just now.........Tho I have been there many years ago......... sounds a little rainy, nasty just now........ I would like to see Maine, NH, and Vermont this time of year, but no guarantees where we will be sent....he can only suggest an area, last time he said west and we actually got to go there, so maybe.........
But that is all I have to report, chickens are doing well, horses, and dogs are good, me well I'm still here, kicking and screaming.......... so take care everyone..............Kim

Our new fuzzy butts that hatched on thursday. The black one is cochin, and the chipmunk and yellow one are phoenix cochin mix

Good morning! Twizz I like the pic of the dog peeking around the corner! Cute!
Nice of you to check in Ghost! You HAVE been all over...not a very healthy lifestyle I would think though,,,lotsa sitting! I dont think I could handle it...but at least you are together! (yeah, I REALLY couldnt handle THAT!)
hide.gif

Glad your son finally got that pesky thing out Cind! He will feel way better....and you wont have to worry so much about him when he is traveling. What does he do with the company? I always thought those fairs hired locals to play the parts...guess not!

Today an old friend is getting remarried. I am looking forward to the wedding although I dont care to get dressed up! I really liked the wedding we went to last year at this time...come as you are! This friend is "fancy" though so I guess I will have to dress the part hey?

Guess I better get outside and get started...Saturdays are "scrub the waterers" day...chores take longer!
Have a good one! TerriO

Back
Top Bottom