Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

This is jack and jill (I hope) they are my favorite orps. I hope the blue (only one!) Is a boy :) all those orps look like girls! And all of the white (hopefully) egg layers look like boys :-(

Good morning all!

Viki, you should post pics of your jubilee. I will remember to get pics of my two. I think they might be a pair...
One of the white egg layers is so cute! I think that one is a girl! It is very light blue!!
Congrats on the chick cind!! And you should make the jump to ecig. I used to smoke over a pack a day. Now one lasts me at least a week. Unless I'm having a couple beers :)

Angie- I still have the mousetrap car I made in 8th grade!(I'm a senior now, if anyone was curious xD)

This little guy showed the horns he hides behind those big ears today! While I was down working with my horse, I didn't notice him coming up behind me, and he bit me! First time I've seen him bite/kick anyone. Little stink.

Thanks Del and Cuties for the chick offers. My hubby brought home a new wire cage last night so I will set that up and give it a try since I am not sure when I could break away to get out to either of your places in the next couple days.

Cuties, I hope you catch the dog loose. I probably would have already had words with the owner just for seeing it loose near my property. I may have mentioned laws to them about shooting animals threatening your chickens being totally legal. This doesn't mean I would shoot it (I might depending on circumstances), but a little fear goes a long way. No one lets their dogs roam in this area because we have a few neighbors who would not hesitate to shoot them on site. A loose dog is a dangerous predator and the owners responsibility to contain.

Frenchie, good job for trying with your neighbors horses, but honestly unless you are willing to buy them yourself that is all you can do. They may go to someone decent at the sale. In the past I have purchased at auction, but I would NEVER take a horse there unless it was a high dollar very fancy sale. This is the time of year when everyone is dumping horses they don't want to feed so they are going to go cheap. I don't know why this lady thinks she is going to make money. She could wind up owing auction fees. Bottom line, people suck.

Lisa

Cind thanks for the feedback-lots of work still to do on the website lol!

Twizzlebee-I would love to see pics of your mousetrap car? Sure hope hers worked today! We fixed it so it would but dont think it will win a prize for furthest distance!!

Hi Lisa !!!

<--is liking the sweet, quiet and especially the "lil" lol. Hmmm Usually called chatterbox, motormouth and anything but innocent! Must have been on my "best" behavior" at the bash.

Anyone else have HS kids who had to make a mouse trap car for school? Meghanns been working on this for the past 5 hours and think we finally have success!!!
I had to make one in hs for a drafting class. It was a pain and of course mine didn't work the day of the event. We ran our's across sand and the one that won had records (33's) for wheels.

Thanks Del and Cuties for the chick offers. My hubby brought home a new wire cage last night so I will set that up and give it a try since I am not sure when I could break away to get out to either of your places in the next couple days.

Cuties, I hope you catch the dog loose. I probably would have already had words with the owner just for seeing it loose near my property. I may have mentioned laws to them about shooting animals threatening your chickens being totally legal. This doesn't mean I would shoot it (I might depending on circumstances), but a little fear goes a long way. No one lets their dogs roam in this area because we have a few neighbors who would not hesitate to shoot them on site. A loose dog is a dangerous predator and the owners responsibility to contain.

Frenchie, good job for trying with your neighbors horses, but honestly unless you are willing to buy them yourself that is all you can do. They may go to someone decent at the sale. In the past I have purchased at auction, but I would NEVER take a horse there unless it was a high dollar very fancy sale. This is the time of year when everyone is dumping horses they don't want to feed so they are going to go cheap. I don't know why this lady thinks she is going to make money. She could wind up owing auction fees. Bottom line, people suck.

Lisa

Lmk if you change your mind about the chicks!
The neighbor was there twice when she only chased the chickens. I have talked with them. She insists it is her teenage and twenty something kids leaving the dog out while she is gone to work. I do not think she has killed any untill this week. I will be making a trip over there tonight (hopefully she is home). But I do know that they will not be the ones to make the change. I also do not have evidence on camera if her getting them. There are trails in the long grass on the outside of our fence that lead to their house. And trampled areas where she paces the fence back there. I have watched her come in and out the front of our fence by pushing under. The wire up there is really bent and even torn in spots. I have informed them every time she has been in. But if we are there, she bolts. It will probanly never happen directly in front of us. I feel at such a loss. I am just praying the electric works.
When you guys go to auctions, do they give you the history of the horses? Or is it a what you see is what you get?

Judy, the cigs talk about the push buttons. Is there any without the buttons?

Hi Cuties...yes there are automatic e-cigs but they are not very popular (as the manual batteries seem to work better) so there aren't many vendors that make/sell these. I can look and see what I can find....you said your looking for the smallest size as well-right? The size of the battery determines how long it will last before needing to be recharged...that is why people move to the larger batteries.

Last edited:
Hi Cuties...yes there are automatic e-cigs but they are not very popular (as the manual batteries seem to work better) so there aren't many vendors that make/sell these. I can look and see what I can find....you said your looking for the smallest size as well-right? The size of the battery determines how long it will last before needing to be recharged...that is why people move to the larger batteries.

I do have to recharge every 4 hours. That isn't too bad. I mean go through them because they die. I dont think they habe been lasting me any more then 4 months. Seems like I am alway ordering more...mine is bigger than a tobacco cig. But not nearly as big as the one you had...

Cuties: E-cig batteries generally will last 4-6 months. Do you know if the e-cigs you currently use are 650mAh? Those should last 5-7 hours per charge. (I use the 900 mAh which last 8-10 perfect for my workday w/commute time-but they are slightly longer)

This is jack and jill (I hope) they are my favorite orps. I hope the blue (only one!) Is a boy :) all those orps look like girls! And all of the white (hopefully) egg layers look like boys :-(

Good morning all!

Viki, you should post pics of your jubilee. I will remember to get pics of my two. I think they might be a pair...
One of the white egg layers is so cute! I think that one is a girl! It is very light blue!!
Congrats on the chick cind!! And you should make the jump to ecig. I used to smoke over a pack a day. Now one lasts me at least a week. Unless I'm having a couple beers :)
Kewl on the Jubilee pair..

I will try to take pictures soon. I need batteries for my camera. I also should post pictures of the Hershey chick. I think its a girl and it was blue looking as a new chick and now it looks like a black or a really dark blue. Pretty head and eyes.

Back
Top Bottom