Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

What a nice visit with Terri yesterday! My boys were sad to her go; my oldest was obnoxiously loud while she was here (showing off.)

Ok Terri, the gal I got the Buff eggs from is Brown Chicka Brown Cow. He's the only one who hatched. The other drake you took is a Khaki Campbell. Welsh Harlequins were a sport from Campbells. This morn I lured the remaining MusQuins into the duck pen and shut it. A couple hours later I see the 4 mutt girls out and the momma Scovy still in. So be wary with that hen Terri, only the drakes would stay contained! They are free spirits I guess. If anyone would like 1 or 2 MusQuin hens (muscovy x welsh Harlequin) let me know. There are just 2 that I really want to keep (girls with white neck rings.)

That mini is so blessed cute! I think it'd be fun to have a couple of burros...but no where to put them.

I keep forgetting to post this flyer for Julie's cancer benefit - next weekend already! Held at The Bar in Green Bay next Sat! We've got lots of nice things to auction off...jewelry, booze baskets. oil changes and car detailing, auto tint, photography, soaps/lotions from BL4, gift cards, blankets, and a gourmet meal prepared by one of the Packers' chefs!

What a nice visit with Terri yesterday! My boys were sad to her go; my oldest was obnoxiously loud while she was here (showing off.)

Ok Terri, the gal I got the Buff eggs from is Brown Chicka Brown Cow. He's the only one who hatched. The other drake you took is a Khaki Campbell. Welsh Harlequins were a sport from Campbells. This morn I lured the remaining MusQuins into the duck pen and shut it. A couple hours later I see the 4 mutt girls out and the momma Scovy still in. So be wary with that hen Terri, only the drakes would stay contained! They are free spirits I guess. If anyone would like 1 or 2 MusQuin hens (muscovy x welsh Harlequin) let me know. There are just 2 that I really want to keep (girls with white neck rings.)

That mini is so blessed cute! I think it'd be fun to have a couple of burros...but no where to put them.

I keep forgetting to post this flyer for Julie's cancer benefit - next weekend already! Held at The Bar in Green Bay next Sat! We've got lots of nice things to auction off...jewelry, booze baskets. oil changes and car detailing, auto tint, photography, soaps/lotions from BL4, gift cards, blankets, and a gourmet meal prepared by one of the Packers' chefs!

I'll copy her poster to my FB page!

I really, really wish I could take you up on the rabbits!  I used to raise red satins and I had some New Zealands, Californians, lops and Dutch chocolates as well.  I miss them!  Hope you find them a nice new home!

We have a little chocolate Netherland Dwarf doe for sale at work. She's kind of a little monster since she hit maturity. Bu
t she is so cute!

Last edited:
Hii all--great visit with Amy and Mason today! I took some pics of the scary stuff her husband has and makes--YIKES! Ethan was so cute, he ran up to the car and when I rolled down the window he said "I forgot to give you a hug!" Cartman was a funny guy too. The baby is adorable (or course) He was very tired though and when I tried to squeeze his cheeks he cried...I was sad!

Lisa--I took some pics the other day of the Langshans and totally forgot to post them. I saw Amy's pullet today and that reminded me...here they are. So hard to get decent shots as they kept running back and forth and jumping on the crate.

Then the same day I had taken pics of the parents of Vicki's birds. These guys were totally unlike the Langshans...I think they thought they should pose! They were following me around all the time I had the camera--little hams!

Mom and a son/x(Roland) from last year.

Dad (Richard)

Mom following me.

Dad and his "fave" girl

Close up of Richard. (Dad)

I have to laugh at the pics of the molters...mine are looking like it will be over soon, although I still have quite a few with missing tails! Speaking of tails: OOPS--they loaded backwards again..First HEADS!

And NOW tails! LOL!

THe royal palm is looking very good lately after having virtually NO tail for quite some time! The head shot is of my Naragansett. Both birds are 4 years old now.

Well there! I have finally posted those pics. I now think I need to hit the hay...I dont know how DH does it; driving makes me TIRED!
Have a good night! TerriO

(PS) Cuties...go right for the heated water bucket. You can use the same one all year, you just roll the cord up into the bottom of it. I have found that all the drop in type heaters must give off just enough current in the water for horses to sense it...mine wont drink out of a tank that has one!

Here's a pic of the "kids" taken just a little while ago. One on the left is already crowing. Those of you that know Aussies, what do you think? Right one a hen? Just don't know with those tail feathers.

Here's a pic of the "kids" taken just a little while ago. One on the left is already crowing. Those of you that know Aussies, what do you think? Right one a hen? Just don't know with those tail feathers.

I'm looking at 2 roos...

Lisa

My chocolate orp hatched this morning. I brought my silkie/cochin hen with her 2 babies into the garage. I'm hoping she accepts this one. Its probably a week younger than the others. It would be so convenient if she could just raise it up for me. It would really help with integrating it into the flock, too. I'm hoping for a rooster!

Last edited:
Quote:
I know
th.gif
can't believe everything I went thru with it to only have it turn out to be another roo
he.gif

someone on the Austrolorp thread pretty much said the same thing. looks like I am going to have to take Terri up on her very generous offer to take them back if they turned out to be roos. That is if I can even figure out how to get them to her. I really, REALLY wanted it to be a "her".
hit.gif
Can you tell how totally bummed I am????

ETA - it's official. Three very knowledgeable breeders voted. Cockerels. Now I have to go have a good cry, then figure out how to get them back to Terri. After as hard as I worked to save them, there's no way I can cull them, I just can't.

Last edited:
I know
th.gif
can't believe everything I went thru with it to only have it turn out to be another roo
he.gif

someone on the Austrolorp thread pretty much said the same thing. looks like I am going to have to take Terri up on her very generous offer to take them back if they turned out to be roos. That is if I can even figure out how to get them to her. I really, REALLY wanted it to be a "her".
hit.gif
Can you tell how totally bummed I am????

ETA - it's official. Three very knowledgeable breeders voted. Cockerels. Now I have to go have a good cry, then figure out how to get them back to Terri. After as hard as I worked to save them, there's no way I can cull them, I just can't.

Oh, so sorry, vicki!

Back
Top Bottom