Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Just got home from family night at good will.. the employees invite their families for a shopping spree after the store closes.. big price discounts on everything.. I got 3 pairs of shoes and a pair of jeans.. and an extra long needle nose pliers for in my tackle box..

the pack did their heart testing last minute scoring again,, good thing I have meds for these occasions..

My white chicks are just the right size for butchering.. have to do it within a week or they will be too big .. they all look like pullets to me.. go figure.. oh well, they will taste good on Thanksgiving day ..

Terri, it doesn't sound like coyotes eating the turkey,, something smaller..
.........jiminwisc.........

Hi all--Nice looking white birdies! I hope they do well for you. That is one thing I never seem to have too many of...seems the preds can see them the best? I always admired my neighbors' Chanteclairs...so pretty.
Speaking of predators...I have my traps set tonight with the remains of my big old turkey. I dont have too much hope of catching anything. I think it is fox...maybe coyote. My traps are probably too small...I need a game cam I think. For the past two nights they have come to first pull the bird out of the burn pile (40 pounds at least)and eat the head/crop area and the next night drag it out into the back field and eat on the rest of it. The legs and wings were left so I cut them off the carcass and set traps with them. We will see....I need one of those big ones that caught the white skinny thing with brown spots.
lau.gif

So amyhow, did anyone ever have an answer for me about the remains of just the wings? I must have missed it if you did--please repost? (thanks!)

I went to my Mom's place again today. SHe was having a tough time wondering why my Dad had to die at the end of summer instead of in the winter when everything was done...I think she has moved into the "angry stage?" Anyhow, I got the hoses drained and put away and the hose bibs turned off, carrots dug and garden plants ripped out. Helped Mom with bird baths and such...then I made dinner. Now I am pooped and my own stuff isnt done...sigh.
th.gif
At least DH picked up some stuff around here while I was gone. Back at it tomorrow for sure!

Have a nice night! TerriO
cat family is the only predator that leaves wings....

Evening all.
Lol. Yes, our trap is set and baited, but no kitties yet. Therefore we got surprise visited by two (2!!!) good size bears on Friday night. Never any down time here. And of course the spotted skinny thing got caught in the trap again too. Go figure!

Went to the Neillsville swap yesterday and was able to sell 3 duckies. At least it paid for gas. Just really think they have dumping prices there. $8/ea for younger Muscovies, $35/es for peafowl and all breeds of geese (even sebbies!). They threw the chickens at the Chinese dinner makers for $5/ea. really?! Guess it's more a place to buy than sell your birds. But had fun anyways with Stacie and some other friends I met there ;)

Then a HUGE surprise when coming back from the swap, expecting angry and upset birds to finally be greeting us from afar. But NO! They were all out, taken care of and happy that we brought some of their siblings back! Wow. That was something I never expected!

Saw the bear again last night and scared him off again. Nothing so far again since. We shall see how that goes... Not liking it tho!

Had a nice chat with my mom calling today and a beautiful day spent outside in the sunshine. It's still not that chilly right now. Like it better than the frosty chills. Not ready for that yet.

Alrighty. Gonna find something to munch on before heading out one more time for checks. Then beddy time. Have a good night everybody!

HI all!

Well, I still have 2 keets left! And I finally pulled that broody turkey off the nest! I think something may have gotten a batch of her eggs. She was sitting a little away from where I thought she was and she only had 1 egg under her. It took less than I thought it would to get her in the coop for the night. Hope she realizes it was time to give up come morning. That poor girl needs food and a good cleaning! She looks like H3LL!

Saw Lutz tonight when she picked up the incubator. Nice little talk.

Night All!

HI all!

Well, I still have 2 keets left! And I finally pulled that broody turkey off the nest! I think something may have gotten a batch of her eggs. She was sitting a little away from where I thought she was and she only had 1 egg under her. It took less than I thought it would to get her in the coop for the night. Hope she realizes it was time to give up come morning. That poor girl needs food and a good cleaning! She looks like H3LL!

Saw Lutz tonight when she picked up the incubator. Nice little talk.

Night All!
good packer win monday,,

for some reason I thought Lutz was a man.. IDK why..
incubator is handy to have when the broody is reluctant.
those eggs might still be good,, I would put them in for about a week and then check them..

I have to go retrieve my pu truck from bro Dave's house.. Kalib needed it to move a couch ..

slight rain here, but warmish temps..

might have to sub bowl at noon..

.........jiminwisc............

Fermentation Fest was awesome. DH and I went there and to Devil's Lake to hike. It was in celebration of our upcoming 5th anniversary. Fun times!

Cleaned out the roses and tomato (left only parts with actively growing green tomatoes). I also trimmed the lilac bushes as they are trying to becoming trees. I've started clearing out the dead daisies and other flower stalks from the driveway beds.

I started winterizing the coop for the rabbits & chickens: cleared away cob webs, rotated the pine shavings, added an area for the rabbits to hide away (now that I've lined the coop with hardware cloth and they can't dig). Also started to winterize Theo's area of the yard: put some straw inside, gathered 2 plastic roofing sheets to use to cover his food and water, and I ran an electrical cord out for light.

Jim and Cuties-As far as Theo on a leash, I've started attaching him to a tree with a long lead. I think that he needs to comprehend his job versus a trip around the yard with mom. I've got a tie-out and I'm gonna ground it so that he can see the chickens and the driveway, but not wrap himself around a tree! In my opinion, he is at a point that he needs to have his job/tasks further established so that he doesn't become a "pet" dog. He gets lonely however and whines. What do you think Jim & Cuties?

Delisha-Theo is 88 lbs. He went through a growth spurt where he was eating a lot, but now is eating the minimum.

Back
Top Bottom