Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

We are zone 3a/4b. Not really sure. Some zone 4 things do ok, some don't. I am starting tomato, lettuce, onion and spinach seeds tonight. Maybe some peppers also. I have gobs of flower seeds, so starting a flat of flowers also.
Snow is mostly gone and the frost is coming out of the ground. Looking forward to spring weather.

I am wondering if they should give the zones an update.
I am not starting any seeds. DD is starting all sorts of tomatoes. If they look OK when I need some I will get six from her. I am planting directly into the ground this year. In buckets is too much work. Sure, you don't have to weed as much, but you have to water almost daily.

I started some micro greens in small planters. I'm going to use them as a treat for the Ducks. The one on the right is radish and on the left is Red Clover.

Attachments

• micro-greens.jpg
    micro-greens.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 2
It has been a very long time since I checked in on my chicken friends! I see Jim and I’m wondering who else is here that remembers me and I’m also wondering if there is a Chickenstock this year.

It has been a very long time since I checked in on my chicken friends! I see Jim and I’m wondering who else is here that remembers me and I’m also wondering if there is a Chickenstock this year.
Yes, I am here, I just made it back after being off line for a year. I see some new people. Some from before. Not very many of either.
It would be nice to get some life into this group.
IDK about chickenstock.
Do you think there are many people who would come ? I would.

Yes, I am here, I just made it back after being off line for a year. I see some new people. Some from before. Not very many of either.
It would be nice to get some life into this group.
IDK about chickenstock.
Do you think there are many people who would come ? I would.
I would try to go just to catch up with folks. Had to give up my girls, turkeys, rabbits, etc. because I developed an allergy but I sure miss seeing the people. Maybe BigZ knows if Chickenstock is on the calendar?

I would try to go just to catch up with folks. Had to give up my girls, turkeys, rabbits, etc. because I developed an allergy but I sure miss seeing the people. Maybe BigZ knows if Chickenstock is on the calendar?
I don't have any animals or birds either. I got fed up with frozen water.
Frankie developed arthritis and would yelp when she moved. We put her down . That was a hard decision.

Back
Top Bottom