Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Quote:
Yep, "Snowflake" is a "flame-point", with an orange-tabby ears and tail, and ice-blue eyes. We'd been looking for ONE more kitty to add to our 1 dog, 1 cat home - we had actually walked down to our local animal shelter 3 times this month, but didn't find any that we fell in love with. Then, as we were headed back to the car in Portage on Saturday, DH falls in love with the white kitten. Personally, I liked the orange tabby better and... well, I didn't like the thought of separating them anyways. So we brought them BOTH home.
roll.png
"Snowflake" and "Marigold" (they were already named, we kept Snowflake's name and changed Marigold's from "Nugget"). They have awesome personalities. Snowflake is the little snuggle-bug that DH wanted, and Marigold is more my type of cat - a little more temperamental, big attitude on her.
big_smile.png

I do believe Fordmommy told me that Boo was a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte x Splash Orpington cross. "Guaranteed to get to 15 pounds"
tongue.png
But, we're not planning on eating him so long as he stays as sweet and gentle as he is now. We love him. When he was smaller, he used to perch on top of DH's baseball hat as he worked in the garage. He's a little bit too heavy for that now!
lol.png

Quote:
A friend of mine raises buff orpingtons, she would maybe give him a home.

we will be butchering some roos this weekend.. send him on over..

JIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, FT!
hugs.gif
Sorry to hear about your showgirl. I hope she heals up quickly.
Sorry to hear about your new chicken woes, Carol. Some people.
barnie.gif
They are some nice looking birds.

Got that closet painted yet, DrH?
wink.png
My PRs had a really long moult last fall/winter. 6 months, I think. Very frustrating.

Congrats on the quail hatch, TO! After 287, what's one or two more, hey?
lau.gif
That 287 is all different birds, not just chickens, right? Outside birds? Guineas, turkeys, etc.?

H&R, nothing from MLH.
hu.gif

Oh, Tiki, so sorry to hear about your Boo. He was a cutie.
hugs.gif
What kind is your big roo? A buff orp? I'd take him. Are you coming to the bash?

Hmmm, I tried giving my PRs some dry cat food when they were moulting, but they didn't like it much. The skunks sure tried getting to it, though.
he.gif
Maybe if I mixed it into a cake like Tiki's recipe, it would go over better next time. You guys are awesome at giving me good ideas. Never get sick of learning something new. Thank you, everyone!
hugs.gif

How great that you found such perfect kitties for the both of you, SF. And I couldn't seperate littermates either. The bond they share is just amazing, and they don't grow out of it either. I hope they bring you both much happiness. They sure are adorable. And such a cute story about Boo.

good evening, TO. No, what I meant was that it is not an albino by not having blue eyes.. (white quail)

I found a pullet egg just inside the coop door.. I had the flashlight in my hand so I candled it.. it has no yolk.. must be a health consciencious pullet..

SF. was Boo really adverse about sitting on fat people's heads ? I just read it, I didn't write it..

My brother stopped in for awhile today.. told me to find some room in the freezer for some venison.. It is going to be free, shrink wrapped and frozen.. this is my kind of hunting.. LOL

SiS and what's his name,, That would be great if the potatoes would float to the surface.. then we could herd them toward the tractor bucket just like they push cranberries..

I set the last batch of eggs for this year today.. 40 quail eggs. Annie doesn't think the quail boys are doing their job because none of the girls are bald headed anymore..

I sold a pair of turquoise guineas today.. the guy would have taken another hen, but we could not decide which ones were hens.. Of course, after I let them loose, THEN they all decided to talk..

.........jiminwisc.....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom