Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Hi all!

BL4... Hope your daughter gets her deer! I wish I could get out and hunt, it's so cool when you can take your food from the woods to the table! Did she use the same gun as last year? Maybe she should have had a little practice shooting before she went out, to get used to it.
idunno.gif

Then we had dessert: Apple, Pumpkin, and Lemon Meringue pies!!!!

Those are the 3 kinds I made! ... Classics!
smile.png
Made 6 pies total... 3 to take to my son's and 3 to stay home for us!

BigZ.... May Mother Earth bless you and your meat pole! (Ok, snicker if you must!
tongue.png
) Those roosters are the little yapping dog of the chicken world!

raim... Glad your DH could take a hint!
wink.png

TO...What is that last bird in the tree? Turkey? Nice table "fancy".

Jim... You just can't resist hatching can you?
gig.gif
I thought you were going to pack it up for the winter... short winter
wink.png

Supper at 2nd son's was pretty good. Daughters SO and kids didn't come. The kids were at the other grandparents, and her SO was chopping up their 5th deer and helping a friend with his.

Well, past time for bed... night all!​

Good Wet Morning Everyone! Bigz sure hope your meat pole is adorned with steaks soon! Might have to take up smoke pole hunting. tiki was thinking wow not going to hear from you in awhile then realized Dec. is less than a week away.
lau.gif
TO you had a real feast there! Had leftovers here last night, think I over did it even worse than Thurs! My list is very short I guess I better get on with the remodeling. Down to one good day of splitting left and like I said if the snow doesn't get too deep I'll cut out back. Nothing new in the coop department.

Well you young kids are so darn cute- eachand every one.

We have been having problems with our internet- and I haven't been at work since Tuesday..so I had some catching up to do.

It sounds like everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! I did also- great food- great football- the COWBOYS won finally and the family behaved! (most of the time)

Linn- that is so darn great that you build with HFH... my daughters and I were selected to build with HFH 10 years ago. So, we live in a HFH home..it was great building and partnering up with them. If I could just get some of my friends to come back and build my coop!
smile.png

One of the docs I work with was going to bring his Boy Scouts over to help build but he never followed thru...so I'm on to the next plan..I really just need to find a supervisor, so my coop will make it thru our harsh winters! Any volunteers out there??
yippiechickie.gif

Terri- your table looked beautiful- it should be a pic in a magazine!

My friend and I went to 1 store yesterday to get sewing supplies we shopped for a bit found what we needed and stood in line for 2 1/2 hours to get fabric cut-
barnie.gif

Today back to work for 4 hours and then home to sew some aprons for gifts and try to get some Christmas decorations out and up.

Thank you new friends for making me laugh!!

ARGH so excited to talk with "normal" people.... or as normal as they come. had drama queen sister in law here who wanted me to watch her kids for her so she could sleep. No way her kids have zero discipline nad dont care about others at all. Then my dd5 broker her arm so spent Wednesday in ER and then yesterday we got it cast so running back and forth to town for doctor appointments. Today my parents are coming to town so hubs and I are heading out for some quiet time.
Still have one baby chick but the others are due to hatch this week. Broody momma is way over protective but not pecking at us which is nice. She just herds baby back to the nest when she has enough of us.

otherwise life goes on! Food was good. Was upset my MIl made ham instead of turkey, but gosh it tasted good.

Good morning! Everyone must be sleeping in late today! Not much to catch up on...I guess that's what happens when you are on late the night before.
I am sure BigZ wont mind sharing his statement Tiki! He's that kind of guy. So Jim...how many eggs are you up to? When I hatched goose eggs (lots of years ago) I let them have a cool down and gave them a warm mist every day. They said they were hard to hatch...nah--they hatched fine! By far my favorite ones to hatch are quail though...man they are EASY! Speaking of...I have to go down and fed those little buggers...I tend to forget them hidden away down in the basement!
Lori--glad to see you are "back" at least for one day...I would hate it if I didnt have the internet here...what would keep me company while I drank my coffee?
Hey Carol--I hope you can put those bonus building materials to good use! She sent me a pic of a pile of plywood that she scored! And yes, the big bird in the tree is a turkey. I have 3 that sleep in the tree and 2 that go in the coop. I am not too afraid that the owl will eat them...
wink.png
About the alcohol and the gluten...it may keep it from developing it's elasticity but unfortunately doesnt destroy it! And that is too bad cause then I could still drink beer! Speaking of, at the game last night a man next to me was enjoying a beverage and a pretzel and my mouth was literally watering for that pretzel! (got to figure out how to make them) and then I had a dream that I ate a cream puff...yeah, I think I need to start baking again!

Alrighty, now I am going to read my book and relax a while (after I feed the quail) Have a great day everyone! Terri O

(PS) Kris--I am complemented that we are "normal"! LOL!

good morning.. I went to bed late last night without checking in here.. I was tired.. I just got up about 1/2 hour ago..

with the 3 eggs waiting to go into the bator, we have 23..

Yes, I was not going to run the bator UNLESS the Sebastopols started to lay.. and they are.. and so are 2 of the Toulouse, a bonus, if you look at it from a certain angle..

Sebastopol day old gosllings sell for $53.oo each at MMcMurray,
check it out.. I heard that Holderuds (sp) no longer sells them..

I have a guy coming from Marshfield to get some RP turkeys.. He said his dad got some last year and they like them for lawn ornaments.. they have a deer farm.. I imagine they are penned with the deer.. that must make a pretty sight, eh?

I like hatching quail , too.. it is like watching popcorn when they are hatching.. once in awhile I loan incubators to a couple of neices who are teachers in grade school.. I like to send quail eggs , because of the short incubation time and the high % of hatch..

It would be neat to send a rooster and a couple of hens , then the kids could collect the eggs and set them,, eh?

TerriO, Annie makes her pie crust with Olive Oil.. I wonder how that would work with GF ? i could have her write down the recipe.. I know it is very simple, cause I even made crust with it..

Lori, I could supervise your coop, but I don't know where you live.
I had my own construction company for over 25 years.. does that qualify ?

from the sound of it, I could spend the whole summer traveling from place to place and build chicken coops..

Last year I did spend a couple of days near Middleton and built a coop for an autistic boy.. I have some photos of that one..

DrH, your're going to get wet today splitting wood.. at least here you would. It is raining.. wait for a nice sunny dry day..

ok, I think I covered all replies for now..

...........jiminwisc.........

Jim- not so far from you....I'm in Fort Atkinson
tongue2.gif
You are committed to the job..I have an extra bedroom...do you think a weekend is long enough to get the coop built and started..do you want to see the plans b4 hand? Ok..who else wants to help a poor pathetic old lady get her chickens going????
yippiechickie.gif
Don't be shy step right up!!

Last edited:
Yeah Jim do it! I am only 10 miles away (closer to you!) I could sure use a Royal Palm hen too! I am hoping my crossbreed turkey hen hatches something out this time...she sure couldnt do it all summer! OK--gotta get dressed and get something done...STOP talking about incubating!~I was looking longingly at mine the other day....Terri O

Quote:
incubating, incubating, incubating, such fun ,,,

I wish I could tell the toms from the hens at 12 weeks..
the guy coming on Monday (not today) wants 2 hens..
anybody got suggestions other than vent sexing ??

I have 7 adult hens, but those are my breeders.. I really don't want to part with them.. Maybe I would part with one or two for $35.oo/each , I know in the spring I can get that easily..

I am selling the 12 week old poults 2 for $25.oo to this guy.

all the guys from the hunting crew just left.. they are hanging it up for this year.. It is raining too hard.. I can remember when weather didn't matter.. I can remember having pieces of cloth draped over the sights to keep them from icing up.. we must be getting old,, they got 4 bucks for 5 hunters..
..........jiminwisc.........

Jim....what can I say? You are a brat! Bet you havent been called that in a few years eh? I am selling one of my RP toms for $35...also on Monday...do you think it is the same guy? That would be WEIRD! Well--I just popped in to see if there was anything to read (except for incubation--LOL) and now I need to sent a message to Brent about our waterers...later! Terri O

Back
Top Bottom