Wolves - - I doubt I will sleep tonight

The Wolves don't bother us here. But when I hear them or if I know a Cougar or Bear is around ........on goes the electric fence.
I need my sleep
lol.png

Buy a Bear Banger and fire one round off. Pretty sure they will never come back.

Another Grizzly has been spotted on the Island. Why are they swimming here? they should swim back to the mainland
roll.png

Last edited:
I didn't get a chance to update this morning when we went to collect the eggs at 7 am. there were a few attempts at digging under the run but its been snowing quite a bit and blowing too, so a lot of snow piled up around the outside of the run, they kind of gave up at the ice layer, it kinda rained a bi the other day turning everything into a sheet of ice, then it snowed a whole lot on top of that. lots of prints, all over and around the barn perimeter but the chickens are safe :) tonight before it gets dark I will close the double pop door just for peace of mind :)

I am glad to hear everyone was safe and sound this morning! I guess the first order of business would be to secure the pop door to the interior so you won't have to worry about that. Perhaps some wire aproning along the run would help prevent wolves from digging under (well that is when you can reach the bottom of the run, and the snow won't hinder you!)? And I am with Pips, time to get some more ammo. I was scared for your husband when you described them stalking him!

well Dh took the ATV out in the snow...lol....guess he was having fun, but he said the wolves' prints aren't the only ones out there looks like they chased a moose around too. Some fox prints as well. I like the snow cause you can really see all the prints quite well. I just got back from town, bought some ammo, but also got some bear spray and bangers, Dh forgot he still had one banger left in the Barn. but its good to have more. We rather scare them off than shoot them, we love animals, all of them no matter what breed they are, however I will say we are not opposed to protecting ourselves if it comes down to it.

It looks like they are considering on opening the Snowmobile trails early this year, with all this snow we got already I don't really see why not, and as soon as the trails are open the wolves will (hopefully) like they do every year push back further into the woods. Now that I know my chickens will be safe, I am kind of excited to see the new members of the pack when they are out playing, I hope to get a new camera because mine is kinda crappy, and maybe get some vids of them this year :)

Back
Top Bottom