Wondering what these 5 bantams are??

freezerpops

Songster
Apr 24, 2018
Kansas
These gals are about 3.5 months old, from Atwoods, st run bantams. I am pretty confident they are all pullets. I would love to know what breeds they are though?? I am having a hard time finding a good bantam breed identification source online. Thanks in advance!

#1 has clean, yellow legs, no real comb growth but it looks like a pea comb, and a downward sloping back with small tail. #2 is very petite, clean yellow legs, large upright tail, I'm thinking Dutch Bantam? #3 is large and fluffy, yellow legs with a small amount of feathering to her legs but not her feet.
CM78HA0.jpg ghDPo3e.jpg kJfJkfg.jpg
The next is a buff/light brown, no real comb, some of the feathers look barred, thick yellow clean legs, and upright posture.
izaLt4q.jpg q8uBGrf.jpg
The last is has mostly double laced feathers with some barred feathers. She had some feathers on her legs but not her feet and her legs are a darker, less bright yellow.
UAhjw7q.jpg X0eFBi4.jpg

All are girlies! You really hit the jackpot. :celebrate
#1. Possibly a White Cornish bantam?
#2. White Japanese bantam
#3. Hatchery quality White Cochin? She appears to have the right body type. :)
#4. White Laced Red Cornish bantam
#5. Looks like a Silver Penciled Rock (hence the single comb), although I'm not sure how common they actually are in bantam form. Dark Brahmas actually are feather-legged, but pea-combed.

~Alex

All are girlies! You really hit the jackpot. :celebrate
#1. Possibly a White Cornish bantam?
#2. White Japanese bantam
#3. Hatchery quality White Cochin? She appears to have the right body type. :)
#4. White Laced Red Cornish bantam
#5. Looks like a Silver Penciled Rock (hence the single comb), although I'm not sure how common they actually are in bantam form. Dark Brahmas actually are feather-legged, but pea-combed.

~Alex

Thank you! I was wondering if 3 is a cochin or some sort of mix. Very ROUND! I really did hit the jackpot; I originally got 9 chicks and only 2 of those were roos. The white trio were older when I got them (even got a discount, score!) so it was easier to tell. I've got 3 last chicks in the brooder who are too young to tell so maybe I'll pay for my luck and they'll all be roos :p

I am not seeing feathers on the legs of the suspected cochin.

I am possibly seeing feathers on the legs of the penciled bird. Maybe a brahma?

The suspected Cochin definitely has feathers on her legs but they are sparse which is what threw me off. I’m on mobile but hopefully a thumbnail of her legs is below.

I really appreciate the input guys! I wanted to be able to research what breeds I had :)

Attachments

• 2F4F1544-C867-406B-A6BE-F23C39BF033A.png
    2F4F1544-C867-406B-A6BE-F23C39BF033A.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 17
The suspected Cochin definitely has feathers on her legs but they are sparse which is what threw me off. I’m on mobile but hopefully a thumbnail of her legs is below.

I really appreciate the input guys! I wanted to be able to research what breeds I had :)

Ah there they are. Tiny and sparse for sure.

Back
Top Bottom