Woodstoves

mullers3acers

Songster
12 Years
Oct 9, 2007
la porte, In
It's official summer is gone had to fire up the wood stove this am. My plan was not to do so until Nov 1 but youngest daughter was cold so she went and got wood. Just to take the chill off.

Yep! You're right on that one! We are a little further south of you but I'm thinking within the week we will be stuffing wood into our stove too!
I've had 7 dreams in the past 4 mos. about it starting to snow!
big_smile.png

I still need to get our woodstove INSTALLED. It's 40 here this morning... I'm freezing my rear end off. The kids are all bundled up real good. I hope it warms up today.

It is 38 degrees here right now and a couple windows are open but the house is still much warmer than outside. I like to wait too, before fireing up the wood furnace. Soon we will be starting a fire in the a.m. to ward off the chill. Afternoons are much warmer but as soon as that sun goes down..brrrr Almost time for me to hibernate
big_smile.png

We couldn't make it through the winter finacially if we didn't have our woodstoves. The cost for propane is outrageous.We have a 1800 sq ft 1862 farmhouse and it is a blessing and a chore to heat.

Yep we fired ours up 2 nights ago my kids are small still so it begins, hauling, cutting and keeping it going all the time. I am soo not ready for it to be cold yet! I won't get to watch chicken T.V. as much which is mine and my daughters' favorite thing to do in the morning and then later in the afternoon and I lost my helper she is only 3.

Here in the middle of west texas, it's chilly enough this morning (45*) , if we had a wood stove, he'd be parked right in front of it.
lol.png
At least I wouldn't have to worry about the coals going out, I've got the best stove loader, a very cold man!

Yep back to the up at 3 am putting wood on the fire,then not being able to go back to sleep.
But its worth it we save alot of money by not buying propane.Plus i can cook on my wood burner so more savings there.

Back
Top Bottom