World Egg Day Hatchalong!(October 12, 2012 is World Egg Day!)

Getting the contest stuff together for week 3. Only 3 entries, though.

So far only one entry for the Cutest Chick Picture! Come on guys this means more FREE hatching eggs.

Here is my younger (5 days old) baby, Asteria. She has a little curled foot, which is slowly getting better, but I'm debating a chick shoe..not had much luck keeping those on the babies before, and they seem to stress them a good bit at first. If her foot doesn't improve in a couple days I'll give it a try.

She has had a rough time of it, and I keep expecting her to be laying dead when I get home from work, but she surprises me by hanging in there. This is one tough little redhead!

Here is my younger (5 days old) baby, Asteria. She has a little curled foot, which is slowly getting better, but I'm debating a chick shoe..not had much luck keeping those on the babies before, and they seem to stress them a good bit at first. If her foot doesn't improve in a couple days I'll give it a try.

She has had a rough time of it, and I keep expecting her to be laying dead when I get home from work, but she surprises me by hanging in there. This is one tough little redhead!

I love being here and the serama thread, cause I get see all your babies twice!
love.gif

I'm not sure if this is a good cure or not but we got some results. My friend and I bought some quail chicks a few Weeks back and the guy have us a few chicks that were curled toes and Sprawled legged. we loaded them all in boxes and headed home the back way (old bumpy gravel road) by the time we got home an hour later, we could only find one sprawled legged chick (which died two days later). My thoughts on it is that the bumpy trip some how helped them correct their problem but then it just might be a coincident.

LOL I should try the bumpy ride thing. It might have to do with the fact that they HAVE to use their legs to balance if they are having a bumpy ride. :D Worth a shot... I won't like...put her in a box and shake her around, but maybe a gentle jostling walk in a small box around the neighborhood.....

Back
Top Bottom