Worms, Coccidiosis, or am I over-mothering?

Your pictures of the yellowish droppings look like they are probably normal cecal droppings. Those happen several times a day.
https://www.communitychickens.com/how-your-chickens-cecal-pouches-affect-its-droppings/
However I do see a lot of intestinal lining in your other pictures, so I would get a fecal test done to rule out any parasites. There is lining in the dropping you focused on, and in some of the others around it. When I see droppings like that in my flock it's time to worm, I have to treat regularly for roundworm. I would do the test, better safe than sorry.

Shedding intestinal lining is not normal neither are these poops.
Get a fecal test done if you can.

Shedding intestinal lining is not normal neither are these poops.
Get a fecal test done if you can.
It is normal, it happens all the time. I literally just read that and the poops pictures were exactly as the original poster shared.
I had an issue with roundworm and I cleared them up using raw pumpkin seeds, raw squash and using apple cider vinegar in the water. Never saw another worm after that.

See...

Attachments

• 8DE846D0-DA1A-4C26-B71A-9EEF75366C99.png
    8DE846D0-DA1A-4C26-B71A-9EEF75366C99.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 6
ok - this is getting more interesting...! I kinda expected some differing opinions.

The shed intestinal lining isn't happening anymore - I will try and get more photos today.

Can anyone recommend how/where to get fecal test done in UK? It's something new for me.

Thanks so much to everyone who is taking the time to respond.

@Aapomp831, I'm going to respectfully disagree with you, and your attachment makes both our points. A LITTLE intestinal lining may be normal and no concern, a lot should be investigated. I would never see that much lining in my flock and assume it was normal.
I also know, from experience, that pumpkin seed, raw squash and ACV do not cure worms.
To the OP, I think there are mail in options in the UK for a test if you don't have a vet that will do it for you.
I'm going to tag a a couple of UK members to see if they can help you with that question.
@rebrascora , @Yorkshire Coop

Thanks - so appreciate the help.

Here are photos of poop today - no signs of shed lining - but is the yellow foamy stuff normal?
20180926_132136.jpg
20180926_131046.jpg

Attachments

• 20180926_130916.jpg
    20180926_130916.jpg
    427.4 KB · Views: 5
The girls look happy and are enjoying the sun today :celebrateone giant communal dust bath!
20180926_131800.jpg
20180926_131143.jpg
20180926_131152.jpg

Attachments

• 20180926_131638.jpg
    20180926_131638.jpg
    741.9 KB · Views: 5
There is plenty of evidence to suggest that ACV keeps too acidic of an environment in the stomach for worms to thrive; as well as evidence that squash seeds do something to paralyze worms. I did it early when I noticed the first few worms and ever since I haven’t seen another one. I know plenty of people who have never had a worm problem just by using pumpkin seeds and ACV.
All I’m saying is it worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom