Worms?

rosemarysugar

Songster
Mar 1, 2018
Meeker, Colorado
Suddenly, one by one, my chickens are starting to lay no shell eggs. They have plenty of calcium in many different forms and high quality feed. Can worms cause this issue? I have wazine that I can use. I understand fully that it's not labeled for chickens etc... has anyone used this with success and if so, how long did you wait to eat the eggs?

I do not think having worms would cause shell less eggs.

What exact brand of feed do you use?
What are the age of your shell less egg layers and
have you noticed any signs of illness besides the shell less eggs?

Wazine may work for ROUNDWORMS only...no other type of worm.

Are they on a layer feed? Do you place crushed oyster shell out in a container for them to take? My hens prefer to peck at crushed egg shells. I collect them for several days, and heat them in a 215 degree oven for 10 minutes, and they become brittle and crush easily.

I had a very mild case of infectious bronchitis go through my flock a couple of years ago, and it caused thin shells, wrinkled and other abnormal shells. I have also had a chicken attacked by a dog, and though she had always had very hard shells, she laid either shell-less or thin shelled eggs that broke from then on when she resumed laying.

Rose..I think your bird has something going on internally that you aren't going to be able to fix, I am sorry.
I just went through all of your threads and it refreshed my memory.
:hugs

I do not think having worms would cause shell less eggs.

What exact brand of feed do you use?
What are the age of your shell less egg layers and
have you noticed any signs of illness besides the shell less eggs?

Wazine may work for ROUNDWORMS only...no other type of worm.
I feed them dumor organic layer crumble. They have access to eggshells, oyster shell , and a calcium powder that the vet recommended. Other than the egg issue, they seem well. They are all 1yr old.

Suddenly, one by one, my chickens are starting to lay no shell eggs. They have plenty of calcium in many different forms and high quality feed. Can worms cause this issue? I have wazine that I can use. I understand fully that it's not labeled for chickens etc... has anyone used this with success and if so, how long did you wait to eat the eggs?
I am not a expert as I just started my flock too but maybe something feel them stress.

Back
Top Bottom