Worried about chicks poop

animalwild

Chirping
Jan 29, 2015
I have a chick that hatched last Friday and it's poop is kind of green and white and liquids. It is the only chick as the rest are supposed to hatch tomorrow and Wednesday. I just saw it poop at it came out clear and as a liquid. Any answers are very helpful.

You can try using a good poultry Probotic. With my flock, for chicks and Hens alike I use a probotic I add to their drinking water called Probios. A few years back I discovered this brand when my chick's had diarrhea. After using this probotic within that week they were cured. I've used this product ever since. This has more beneficial bacteria in it than most probotics. A jar lasts a good long time. Make sure you get the kind for poultry. I order mine online by searching Buy probios for poultry. Then several sites come up you can order from. It's especially good for chicks giving the good bacteria a chance to grow and flourish inside the gut giving them the ability for the beneficial bacteria to actually fight off the bad bacteria keeping the chick healthier. I hope this helps. Best wishes!

Do u think the chick would grow out of it once it gets older and other chicks are able to join it.

Do u think the chick would grow out of it once it gets older and other chicks are able to join it.

That's hard to say because it would depend heavily on what is actually causing the loose stool. It could be numerous causes so I can't say she will out grow it. Also letting it continue can cause dehydration and other issues. If a bad bacteria in the gut is causing the issue waiting to treat can put the baby at risk. I do think she will benefit from a probotic to balance her system. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Well I have another chick hatching right now so maybe that will help him not be so depressed thanks

Back
Top Bottom