Would a hawk take off with a human baby outside?

She is adorable. But with those angel wings on her back a hawk might think she's a big chicken.
smile.png
OK, you know I'm joking about that don't you. How cute - what a smile. Great picture. Let her enjoy the great outdoors.

What a sweetie! I wouldn't worry about her being carried off due to her size, but my concern is how much damage a hawk could do. Our neighbor has had two full-sized cats attacked, one in his yard and one in our yard. In both cases the hawk attacked the cats on the gound and damaged them both enough that they died. I am not saying they would attack a baby, but carrying them off is not necessarily the only thing that could happen.

OH my gosh!

Poor cats!! We lost our first big bird today!! Our girl Dominique didn't come in last night-she refused and kept running into the bushes in our pasture and this morning, just found feathers...so sad. And I thought we lost our 13 rescue ducklings, too, but it turned out they were hiding in the tall grass. What a morning we've had here today!

Then, I wanted to let Isabella play outside and we saw the hawks flying above and my imagination went crazy. (new babies--you all know how it is..hehe) So, I told my hubby, I'm going to ask on Backyardchickens--they'll know if she's safe outside...haha.

Thank you for the kind words on my little chick-ie-deee!! She's loving the outdoors, that's for sure!

2822417134_b7bcd618b0.jpg

Here she is with little Noah, one of our first lambs.

Glad to know she's safe on her blankie outside!!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Hehehehe
lol.png

Yeah, her "nana" liked to sneak her tastes of cream cheese!! After enough of that; little Bella didn't want to eat her food! That was a month ago-now she's back to eating like a baby should...hehe

Here she is trying EGGS for the first time....

14699_eggs.jpg

Last edited:
Love that last picture it's like when my daughter tried a tomato for the first time! What a precious baby. With your first baby every thing becomes a potential hazard. That only means that you're a good mom. After about the fifth baby though you will find that you get a lot more relaxed. :lol You will need to be vigilant about your birds the hawks are starting to migrate and you'll probably see a lot more of them.

I feel I must point out that if you read OP's sig line, this is baby #7!

OP: I peaked at your flikr site, all of your babies are stunningly beautiful. And although mine are teens, I think that protective side never fades, it just changes. When we have something that encompasses all of our love in an unbelievable way (our kids), it's only natural to fret over them. It just shows you are doting, not paranoid.

Awwwe..yes. So true! I really learned what love is! Having her (when I thought I was done having children) AND getting my chickens, ducks, guineas, peafowl, sheep & goats.....now those REALLY brings out the BIG MAMMA in you; watching over them and worried about them each night. Whew!!

This is number 7 for us combined. Number four for me.

2808757788_c4da96312c_b.jpg

We were the Brady Bunch and Isabella makes us into Seventh Heaven..hahahah
lol.png
lol.png

We're planning on 1-2 more within the next couple of years....shhhh

wink.png

Back
Top Bottom