would a rooster fly over a 5 foot fence to get into a fight with a gander?

Jenbirdee

Expecting Miracles
Premium Feather Member
Aug 9, 2020
Maryland
If I get a roo for my hens, I keep him and his girls separate from the geese, but if they share a fence line that is 5 feet, would he leave his girls to jump into the goose pen and fight with the gander?

I’m not sure, as I’ve never kept geese, but I think it would depend on the rooster. I don’t think it’s very likely they’d fight, being different species. I don’t know that a rooster would want to leave his hens, and I doubt he’d see the gander as a threat. A five foot fence is also a pretty formidable barrier, I know my rooster would be way too lazy to jump up there :p But I’m eager to see what others think!

I’m not sure, as I’ve never kept geese, but I think it would depend on the rooster. I don’t think it’s very likely they’d fight, being different species. I don’t know that a rooster would want to leave his hens, and I doubt he’d see the gander as a threat. A five foot fence is also a pretty formidable barrier, I know my rooster would be way too lazy to jump up there :p But I’m eager to see what others think!
LOL Lazy Roo! what breed is he? IF I get one it will be an orpington because my 2 hens are orpingtons (chocolate) and they are the sweetest girls ever.

My boy’s a blue Ameraucana, very nice to people and his hens. Just lazy, lol. I’ve heard good things about Orpington roos, people seem to like them a lot. And a larger breed like that might not even be able to get over a five foot fence, or at least not be motivated to.

Back
Top Bottom